• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

9 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I'm always surprised that it wasn't more popular, it's absolutely brilliant and has aged very well.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Tapatalk

It was interesting to hear him say that he thinks it's the best thing that they've done, considering the wealth of output they've got to choose from.

On 10/02/2019 at 08:11, pittsburgh phil said:

Rewatched Catterick recently, had forgotten how good it was! Bob plays a (relatively) straight role really well. Guy's a legend!

Probably my favourite sitcom.

I like the hotel receptionist's subtle different version of "your pulling my leg". 

The Adam Buxton Podcast with Bob Mortimer from last year (maybe April time) is very good also.

That’s excellent was but totally different to what I was expecting!

As said by others, Athletico Mince is superb.

Bob is tremendous, so many characters and daft bits of pattern to list.  I'll never look at Peter Beardsley the same again.

I sensed some tension with Bob and Laverne. Apparently she is from Sunderland which would probably explain it. He is wired to the moon in a most hilarious way.

On 2/10/2019 at 08:51, Savage Henry said:

He and Lauren Lavern both have a Radio 4 voice, going by the sound of things.

I only listened to DID last week because it was Bob Mortimer.  Lauren Lavern has ruined the programme with matey north of England ways and shite accent.  Can't wait for Big Kirsty to get over her fibromyalgia and make Desert Island Discs great again.

Bob Mortimer is a fucking treasure and should be cherished. His appearances on Would I Lie To You are some of the funniest television ever made, and the Chris Rhea Egg in the Bath story may be the best 10/15 minutes of "comedy panel show" in television history. He just brings a childlike glee to everything he does, and seems to have a natural inquisitiveness so that even the most absurd sounds entirely plausible.

His twitter is consistently brilliant as well. His "Cat names for sale" tweets are maybe the highlight of the existence of social media.

Long may he and Vic Reeves continue to make comedy for our consumption.

Edited by J_Stewart

I remember seeing the first ever episode of Vic Reeves Big Night out as it was broadcast.  I was in bed with really bad flu and the TV remote had fallen off the bed and I couldn't move to pick it up.  So I just lay there and watched it.

At the time I thought it was the worst television programme I'd ever seen but have since realised that was because it was so original, innovative and before it's time.

I watched the week after to see if it was as bad as the first one and then started to get it.  Always worth remembering that if you react that badly to something it might actually be really great.

My favourite ever comedy sketch is 'Tittybiscuits'.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

Bobs an absolute legend imo
Here’s my favourite story on WILTY

As good as the Chris Rea egg story was, the dentistry tops the lot for me. I was literally on the floor laughing in that way when you almost can't breathe. I think it was "Fuji 9" that did me in.

8 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I remember seeing the first ever episode of Vic Reeves Big Night out as it was broadcast.  I was in bed with really bad flu and the TV remote had fallen off the bed and I couldn't move to pick it up.  So I just lay there and watched it.

At the time I thought it was the worst television programme I'd ever seen but have since realised that was because it was so original, innovative and before it's time.

I watched the week after to see if it was as bad as the first one and then started to get it.  Always worth remembering that if you react that badly to something it might actually be really great.

My favourite ever comedy sketch is 'Tittybiscuits'.

Vic was on the cover of the NME that week.

I watched the first episode and loved every moment. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
6 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:
Bobs an absolute legend imo
Here’s my favourite story on WILTY

As good as the Chris Rea egg story was, the dentistry tops the lot for me. I was literally on the floor laughing in that way when you almost can't breathe. I think it was "Fuji 9" that did me in.

The fact it was true just made it so much funnier. 

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The fact it was true just made it so much funnier. 

Spoiler alert :angry:

His Gangs Of The EPL on Athletico Mince was/is genius, actual flight of fancy genius. Phil Jones with the voice of Charlie Williams, Harry Kane as the top (non Muslim) scorer in the EPL, big Zlatan terrorising everyone....

I still have 'Smell Of Reeves And Mortimer' somewhere, with all the bits that seem to have disappeared - Mulligan & O'Hare's Moods, Dent and Potter, Licky Kicky, Quack Quack the homebrew duck etc