Bob Mortimer

MSU

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Not that the quality has ever dropped as such, but they seem to be in a rich vein of form just now.

The new one has a Peter Beardsley bit that's as good as anything they've done.

I think it dropped a bit between eps 50 and 60 but it's been great for a while now. Beardsley's wife when she's trying to be posh and then telling Peter to "have a scramble on me fronties" cracks me up every time.

Have to admit I gave Athletico Mince a try again after hearing folk here say how good it is. Now I love Bob on Would I Lie to You and stuff, and I quite like Andy Dawson on Top Flight Time Machine but nah, that's not for me. There was a story about Dom Littlewood or whatever his name is and a potter, and something about a guru? I think I smirked once. The White Hart gang bit had promise but dragged on far too long and in all it was just a bit too bizarre and childish for me. Looking forward to more Gone Fishing though.

• 3 weeks later...
The amount of times I've watched that episode is quite scary. 
The 'Bytheway' bit with Lee Mack in the Castle Douglas story is another criminally overwatched segment. 
Both hilarious. 

Brilliant! Surely the ‘daily drive’ was from Dumfries though not Dundee!?[emoji15] Lol

The recent Crime File with Paul McCartney and Bruce Forsyth had me howling with laughter.
"Dib dibbidy doo - I haven't got a fucking clue" :lol: 

I was listening to it the other night driving home from work and just about had a laughing fit listening to this part. Bloody brilliant!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally got round to listening to Athletico Mince on Spotify. Swings from unlistenable pish to rib achingly funny. Should take care of the next 3/4 weeks worth of commuting while I catch up.

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Dawson

Mortimer

Largely true but not entirely. Some of Bobs segments are horrendous. The Mark Lawrenson/Robson Jerome/Rafa Benitez stuff would have me reaching for the fast forward button if I could be arsed getting my phone out of my pocket.

Just now, Ross. said:

Largely true but not entirely. Some of Bobs segments are horrendous. The Mark Lawrenson/Robson Jerome/Rafa Benitez stuff would have me reaching for the fast forward button if I could be arsed getting my phone out of my pocket.

Is Lawrenson not one of Dawson's?