Bob Mortimer

MSU

8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Never realised until recently that the night Jarvis Coker stormed the stage at The Brits when Michael Jackson was on, he got arrested for it and Bob Mortimer, being an ex lawyer went to the police station with him to defend him. Absolute top bloke, a national treasure.

Apparently when he seen Jacksons high powered legal team. He said

"Sorry Jarvis, you're on your own".

19 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

A massive thank you to this thread.
Without it I'd never have listened to Athletico Mince.
I travel a lot with work and in the last 2-3 weeks I've blootered about 50 episodes of it. Amazing.
"Its my hair issslllaaannndddd"

Same for me. I kept seeing Athletico Mince being mentioned on here but always skimmed past. 

I had a 6 hour drive up to Ullapool and had it on the full way it’s absolutely brilliant, even got my pal hooked on it as well. 

Theres a sketch with a few England players about one of their sons being bullied at school that involves Jamie Vardy, and when I heard Vardys voice for the first time I was almost pulling the car over I was laughing so much. The Peter Beardsley sketches, Barry Homeowner and the character that says ‘it’s quite unusual, but I liiiiike it’ are my favourites but they all have their moments.

Can’t remember it word for word but Mortimer says something about the advert from a while back that said ‘Maybe it’s Maybeline’, and he says after it ‘it definitely was Maybeline, my Uncle worked in the factory’.  Multiple genuine laugh out loud moments in every episode. 

Slightly off topic, but I booked tickets to go and see the Only Fools and Horses musical in London solely on the fact that Paul Whitehouse was playing the Grandad, but I’ve now learned his last show was a few weeks ago and someone else has took over. He did have a hand in writing it so should still be good. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Slightly off topic, but I booked tickets to go and see the Only Fools and Horses musical in London solely on the fact that Paul Whitehouse was playing the Grandad, but I’ve now learned his last show was a few weeks ago and someone else has took over. He did have a hand in writing it so should still be good. 

Been killed off and replaced by an Uncle Albert I'm hearing...

Edited by Angusfifer

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Went a couple weeks back and it was very good. A lot better than I expected. 

Guest bernardblack

The Jamie Vardy voice kills me every time.

Slaughters seems to have run its course now though, which is a shame after the opening segment of it had me in tears

11 hours ago, bernardblack said:

The Jamie Vardy voice kills me every time.

Slaughters seems to have run its course now though, which is a shame after the opening segment of it had me in tears

The Jamie Vardy voice nearly had me driving straight into oncoming traffic going through Glencoe. 

• 1 month later...

So this was on last night at the Comedy Club in Manchester.

It was hosted by Charlie Higson and was just him asking Paul and Bob about the TV series and the three of them having a chat.

It was exactly what you would expect from brilliant, funny guys.

Charlie started it off by asking them how the series got off the ground with both Bob and Paul going off on long rambling hilarious stories about life, death, food and heart surgeons. They also had a bit of serious chat about fishing, if it is cruel to fish, the state of rivers and the behaviour of some water companies.
They clearly enjoyed themselves, they were all hysterically laughing at each other's jokes and having a dig at one another. They seemed disappointed when it was time to finish though they had been chatting for an hour and a half.
Highlights were Charlie and Paul doing a quick Ted and Ralph routine, Bob giving his top three course heart healthy menu in the voice of Peter Beardsley (thought Paul was going to collapse at this) and Paul doing Smashy then Rowley Birkin from the Fast Show.

Both Charlie and Paul love the Athletico Mince podcasts and did some impressions of their favourite characters.

Bob made the whole thing tick though, he comes out with such random shite that the other two couldn't stop laughing at and he just keeps going.
He asked if it was true that in China every person had to kill a fly each day amongst other completely pointless questions.

I was one of the lucky 50 of 500 there that had a sticker in my book and got a photo with the 3 of them at the end of it.
Best 90 mins of the year though some might say being a Dee that it didn't have much competition.20191002_162103.jpeg20191002_105353.jpeg

51 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

It was hosted by Charlie Higson and was just him asking Paul and Bob about the TV series and the three of them having a chat.

Charlie started it off by asking them how the series got off the ground with both Bob and Paul going off on long rambling hilarious stories about life, death, food and heart surgeons. They also had a bit of serious chat about fishing, if it is cruel to fish, the state of rivers and the behaviour of some water companies.
They clearly enjoyed themselves, they were all hysterically laughing at each other's jokes and having a dig at one another. They seemed disappointed when it was time to finish though they had been chatting for an hour and a half.
Highlights were Charlie and Paul doing a quick Ted and Ralph routine, Bob giving his top three course heart healthy menu in the voice of Peter Beardsley (thought Paul was going to collapse at this) and Paul doing Smashy then Rowley Birkin from the Fast Show.

Both Charlie and Paul love the Athletico Mince podcasts and did some impressions of their favourite characters.

Bob made the whole thing tick though, he comes out with such random shite that the other two couldn't stop laughing at and he just keeps going.
He asked if it was true that in China every person had to kill a fly each day amongst other completely pointless questions.

I was one of the lucky 50 of 500 there that had a sticker in my book and got a photo with the 3 of them at the end of it.
Best 90 mins of the year though some might say being a Dee that it didn't have much competition.20191002_162103.jpeg20191002_105353.jpeg

That sounds like a brilliant night. Well jel. 

21 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

I noticed that the full show has been put up on YouTube. Not sure if it's by official sources and not sure how long it will remain.

36 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I noticed that the full show has been put up on YouTube. Not sure if it's by official sources and not sure how long it will remain.

Glorious. Listening to it now. Here'e the link:

• 1 month later...

Been binging through all the Athletico Mince episodes recently, can’t believe I was so late to the party. I’m on trains to and from London twice a week and would usually download programmes to Netflix to pass the journey but listening to the podcasts is so much better. The recent crime files with Neil Hunt and Steve McLarens pet snake had me laughing out loud into the fold down table. 

Guest bernardblack
Been binging through all the Athletico Mince episodes recently, can’t believe I was so late to the party. I’m on trains to and from London twice a week and would usually download programmes to Netflix to pass the journey but listening to the podcasts is so much better. The recent crime files with Neil Hunt and Steve McLarens pet snake had me laughing out loud into the fold down table. 

The JJ Shelvey segment where he’s attacking Zlatan and Phil Jones makes me cry with laughter every single time

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

The JJ Shelvey segment where he’s attacking Zlatan and Phil Jones makes me cry with laughter every single time

Not that the quality has ever dropped as such, but they seem to be in a rich vein of form just now.

The new one has a Peter Beardsley bit that's as good as anything they've done.