Bob Mortimer

MSU

9 hours ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I'm always surprised that it wasn't more popular, it's absolutely brilliant and has aged very well.

Sent from my Bluboo Maya Max using Tapatalk

It was interesting to hear him say that he thinks it's the best thing that they've done, considering the wealth of output they've got to choose from.

On 10/02/2019 at 08:11, pittsburgh phil said:

Rewatched Catterick recently, had forgotten how good it was! Bob plays a (relatively) straight role really well. Guy's a legend!

Probably my favourite sitcom.

I like the hotel receptionist's subtle different version of "your pulling my leg". 

Guest bernardblack
The Adam Buxton Podcast with Bob Mortimer from last year (maybe April time) is very good also.

That’s excellent was but totally different to what I was expecting!

As said by others, Athletico Mince is superb.

On 2/10/2019 at 08:51, Savage Henry said:

He and Lauren Lavern both have a Radio 4 voice, going by the sound of things.

I only listened to DID last week because it was Bob Mortimer.  Lauren Lavern has ruined the programme with matey north of England ways and shite accent.  Can't wait for Big Kirsty to get over her fibromyalgia and make Desert Island Discs great again.

Bob Mortimer is a fucking treasure and should be cherished. His appearances on Would I Lie To You are some of the funniest television ever made, and the Chris Rhea Egg in the Bath story may be the best 10/15 minutes of "comedy panel show" in television history. He just brings a childlike glee to everything he does, and seems to have a natural inquisitiveness so that even the most absurd sounds entirely plausible.

His twitter is consistently brilliant as well. His "Cat names for sale" tweets are maybe the highlight of the existence of social media.

Long may he and Vic Reeves continue to make comedy for our consumption.

Edited by J_Stewart

I remember seeing the first ever episode of Vic Reeves Big Night out as it was broadcast.  I was in bed with really bad flu and the TV remote had fallen off the bed and I couldn't move to pick it up.  So I just lay there and watched it.

At the time I thought it was the worst television programme I'd ever seen but have since realised that was because it was so original, innovative and before it's time.

I watched the week after to see if it was as bad as the first one and then started to get it.  Always worth remembering that if you react that badly to something it might actually be really great.

My favourite ever comedy sketch is 'Tittybiscuits'.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

8 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I remember seeing the first ever episode of Vic Reeves Big Night out as it was broadcast.  I was in bed with really bad flu and the TV remote had fallen off the bed and I couldn't move to pick it up.  So I just lay there and watched it.

At the time I thought it was the worst television programme I'd ever seen but have since realised that was because it was so original, innovative and before it's time.

I watched the week after to see if it was as bad as the first one and then started to get it.  Always worth remembering that if you react that badly to something it might actually be really great.

My favourite ever comedy sketch is 'Tittybiscuits'.

Vic was on the cover of the NME that week.

I watched the first episode and loved every moment. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
6 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:
Bobs an absolute legend imo
Here’s my favourite story on WILTY

As good as the Chris Rea egg story was, the dentistry tops the lot for me. I was literally on the floor laughing in that way when you almost can't breathe. I think it was "Fuji 9" that did me in.

The fact it was true just made it so much funnier.