Bob Mortimer

MSU

Bob's appearances on Would I Lie To You are amazing. The Chris Rea / Egg in a Bath segment that appears about 1/2 way through this clip is, perhaps, the funniest thing I've ever watched.

I'd only recently (the past 12/18 months) begun to appreciate his work - mainly from the Athletico Mince podcast. I now spend a fair chunk of my spare time going through YouTube watching stuff he's been in. As MSU says, he's brilliant on Would I lie to you?.

Long live Bob.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'd only recently (the past 12/18 months) begun to appreciate his work - mainly from the Athletico Mince podcast. I now spend a fair chunk of my spare time going through YouTube watching stuff he's been in. As MSU says, he's brilliant on Would I lie to you?.

Long live Bob.

I didn't recognise his voice at all on Desert Island Discs, not sure if that was his posh telephone voice or his normal one when he's not performing.

14 minutes ago, Dele said:

Long live Bob.

Talking of Athletico Mince...

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I didn't recognise his voice at all on Desert Island Discs, not sure if that was his posh telephone voice or his normal one when he's not performing.

He and Lauren Lavern both have a Radio 4 voice, going by the sound of things.

Bob Mortimer used to drive around for miles looking for restaurants that did mash cos you have to do mash fresh so if they did mash you knew it was a good restaurant, then after he’d go outside and let off up to ten fireworks to score the restaurant on the quality of its mash 

10 hours ago, MSU said:

Bob's appearances on Would I Lie To You are amazing. The Chris Rea / Egg in a Bath segment that appears about 1/2 way through this clip is, perhaps, the funniest thing I've ever watched.

I’ve literally watched through the WILTY montages 3/4 times and every one is a gem. We do beg your pardon but we are in your garden.