What games would you like to see remade?

DA Baracus

Would love a new sensible soccer, my all time favourite football game. Nothing has came close to it.

Was all about the joystick on the Amiga.

Once it went to console and involved a controller it was the end.

Agreed, best football game bar none.

Some amazing shouts on here so far.

Little known game but Azure Dreams would be good to see touched up. Loved that.

Great shouts for Demolition Derby and The Getaway.

Max Payne? The last level of that was fucking solid.

V Rally.

Or simply Fifa 98 RTWC with updated graphics and game play. 5 aside essential too.

On 2/11/2019 at 00:45, JohnJohn said:

Destruction Derby 2

Check out Wreckfest. Pretty sure it's by the same developers.  Absolutely smashing.   Especially with the oval tracks mod.

Personally I'd love to see a remake of Paradroid. Spent a lot of time on that before my Amiga packed in.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread idea just popped into my head last week. I hope I don't pick up any more of DA Baracus' thoughts  :shutup

My groin would explode with delight if Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines got a decent remake. The original was so obviously rushed, not just in terms of bugs (which have been mainly ironed out by a laddie called Wesp5, who has also spent the past decade trying to introduce new content to it and is just generally a fucking hero), but you can see the gameplay and missions being more poorly thought out as the game goes on. It was also the first finished game on Valve's Source engine, even before Half-Life 2, and they were making it before the engine was even working properly. Somebody sitting down and restructuring the game's content, as well as the obligatory current-gen polish, could produce something very special.

Other folks' suggestions:

• Resident Evil 3 was a bit poo compared to the first two, and definitely needs a re-imagining.
  • Speedball 2's had several remakes over the years. For some reason, they just can't get it right. The last one (Speedball 2 HD) got the gameplay all wrong - all they need to do is release the same game with updated graphics and folk would go nuts for it. Not sure why that's so difficult.
  • The Chaos Engine got a remake a few years back. It's literally the exact same game as the enhanced Amiga version, so disappointed a lot of folk who expected an update. I'll take that over the Speedball mistakes, though.
  • Jon Hare is behind Sociable Soccer, a spiritual remake of Sensible Soccer. It's apparently unfinished, and he appears to have stopped working on it, which has disappointed most of the folk who paid money for it. I think Jon Hare had a hand in Speedball 2 HD and The Chaos Engine too, so it definitely seems as though the magic touch has left him.
  • Rumours abound that Bethesda are working on a remastering of Fallout 3 (and possibly even New Vegas too) to try and rebuild goodwill after the Fallout 76 fiasco. I doubt anyone would be surprised at a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster either, for similar reasons. Fingers crossed; I'd play all of them.
  • Nightdive Studios are working on a (much-delayed) remake of System Shock, and expressed an interested in moving on to System Shock 2 if they ever finish the original (please God). Considering the early Thief games were on the same engine as SS2, you could see Thief remakes coming out of that...he speculated wildly.
  • Pedants Corner: Paradroid 90 on the Amiga was already a remake of Paradroid on the C64. There's definite potential for a fun update of that...maybe stealth-based, where you take over other droids and try not to act suspiciously, or just take your chances and blast your way through?

This thread idea just popped into my head last week. I hope I don't pick up any more of DA Baracus' thoughts  :shutup

My groin would explode with delight if Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines got a decent remake. The original was so obviously rushed, not just in terms of bugs (which have been mainly ironed out by a laddie called Wesp5, who has also spent the past decade trying to introduce new content to it and is just generally a fucking hero), but you can see the gameplay and missions being more poorly thought out as the game goes on. It was also the first finished game on Valve's Source engine, even before Half-Life 2, and they were making it before the engine was even working properly. Somebody sitting down and restructuring the game's content, as well as the obligatory current-gen polish, could produce something very special.

Other folks' suggestions:

• Resident Evil 3 was a bit poo compared to the first two, and definitely needs a re-imagining.
  • Speedball 2's had several remakes over the years. For some reason, they just can't get it right. The last one (Speedball 2 HD) got the gameplay all wrong - all they need to do is release the same game with updated graphics and folk would go nuts for it. Not sure why that's so difficult.
  • The Chaos Engine got a remake a few years back. It's literally the exact same game as the enhanced Amiga version, so disappointed a lot of folk who expected an update. I'll take that over the Speedball mistakes, though.
  • Jon Hare is behind Sociable Soccer, a spiritual remake of Sensible Soccer. It's apparently unfinished, and he appears to have stopped working on it, which has disappointed most of the folk who paid money for it. I think Jon Hare had a hand in Speedball 2 HD and The Chaos Engine too, so it definitely seems as though the magic touch has left him.
  • Rumours abound that Bethesda are working on a remastering of Fallout 3 (and possibly even New Vegas too) to try and rebuild goodwill after the Fallout 76 fiasco. I doubt anyone would be surprised at a Mass Effect Trilogy remaster either, for similar reasons. Fingers crossed; I'd play all of them.
  • Nightdive Studios are working on a (much-delayed) remake of System Shock, and expressed an interested in moving on to System Shock 2 if they ever finish the original (please God). Considering the early Thief games were on the same engine as SS2, you could see Thief remakes coming out of that...he speculated wildly.
  • Pedants Corner: Paradroid 90 on the Amiga was already a remake of Paradroid on the C64. There's definite potential for a fun update of that...maybe stealth-based, where you take over other droids and try not to act suspiciously, or just take your chances and blast your way through?
Not a remake but a sequel to Vampire: The Masquerade.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/21/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-revealed-out-next-year/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-22-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-is-a-darkly-fascinating-immersive-sim

On 19/03/2019 at 01:31, BigFatTabbyDave said:

• Rumours abound that Bethesda are working on a remastering of Fallout 3 (and possibly even New Vegas too) to try and rebuild goodwill after the Fallout 76 fiasco. 

This would be superb. Never played 3 but I've heard it's amazing, while New Vegas is one of my favourite games of all time.