What games would you like to see remade?

DA Baracus

The Resident Evil 2 remake is the hottest game around just now. I think it's success shows the market for remakes. It's not a new thing as plenty of games have been remade (the original Resident Evil is a great example) but now might be more common. Seemingly they're going to remake Resident Evil 3.

Anyway, what games would you like to see remade and why?

I'm almost certainly forgetting some but here are a selection off the top of my head;

Speedball 2- Great game that could be incredible with an update. Holding down any button and forward from tip off is the cheat's way to score so at the very least a remake would get that to f**k 

Mutant League Hockey and Football - These games were great fun. They were the usual ice hockey and American football games of the time but you could maim opposition players, make them fall down holes, plant land mines, shove/tackle them off the pitch (the pitch was usually in space so you'd smash them in to outer space), pay a hitman to take out an opponent and other stuff. Updated graphics and improved game play would make this the balls.

Metal Gear Solid - One of the best PS1 games. An update of the graphics and maybe the aiming system would be delightful. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Metal Gear Solid - One of the best PS1 games. An update of the graphics and maybe the aiming system would be delightful. 

They did it on Gamecube and it is meant to be excellent. It is called "Twin Snakes". I think I have it but haven't actually played it.

I hope they give Resi 3 the remake treatment. I would like Demon's Souls to be remade. Freedom Fighters from PS2 days too. 

Totally agree with the MGS shouts, I'd love a fresher looking version of New Vegas, but I don't suppose that's old enough for the full treatment yet.

PES6 too...

The Resident Evil 2 remake is the hottest game around just now. I think it's success shows the market for remakes. It's not a new thing as plenty of games have been remade (the original Resident Evil is a great example) but now might be more common. Seemingly they're going to remake Resident Evil 3.
Anyway, what games would you like to see remade and why?
I'm almost certainly forgetting some but here are a selection off the top of my head;
Speedball 2- Great game that could be incredible with an update. Holding down any button and forward from tip off is the cheat's way to score so at the very least a remake would get that to f**k 
Mutant League Hockey and Football - These games were great fun. They were the usual ice hockey and American football games of the time but you could maim opposition players, make them fall down holes, plant land mines, shove/tackle them off the pitch (the pitch was usually in space so you'd smash them in to outer space), pay a hitman to take out an opponent and other stuff. Updated graphics and improved game play would make this the balls.

They remade Mutant League Football was out the start of last year.

Couple of decent shouts already but would add Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Syphon Filter.

Golden Axe, Cannon Fodder and Chaos Engine from the Mega drive too.

36 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

They remade Mutant League Football was out the start of last year.

Couple of decent shouts already but would add Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Syphon Filter.

Golden Axe, Cannon Fodder and Chaos Engine from the Mega drive too.

Never knew that! Will have to look it up!

Golden Axe and Cannon Fodder are good shouts.

8 hours ago, Guts said:

They did it on Gamecube and it is meant to be excellent. It is called "Twin Snakes". I think I have it but haven't actually played it.

I hope they give Resi 3 the remake treatment. I would like Demon's Souls to be remade. Freedom Fighters from PS2 days too. 

It is excellent. I have it. It's quite rare though. It's essentially MGS with MGS2 graphics.

45 minutes ago, Border Reiver said:

Would love a new sensible soccer, my all time favourite football game. Nothing has came close to it.

They tried that about ten years ago, it was shite.