• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Cerberus

Alloa Athletic vs Partick Thistle (16/2/19)

Two week running Mr Goodwin (ironic name) that Alloa have had one shot on target in 90 mins.

Praise indeed for being plucky, but surely that's the bare minimum for most part time teams over the years......unless you are Brechin

You can generally spot a fraud manager by statements like 'our game plan went out the window' because an early goal was conceded. He obviously wasn't wrong though, limitless punts through the middle being effortlessly hoovered up by Steven Anderson througout the match showed he didn't have much of a credible plan at all.

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

For those wanting a laugh this morning. 

xe6JkDs.jpg

PotableAltruisticGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

32 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

I like Goodwin, but that’s a quality headsgone.

Still not surpassed Caldwell in the post-match headsgone of the season award though.

I mind Jim Goodwin celebrating and giving a loud "YAAAAAAAAAASSS" towards the JHS when he thumped a fairly routine clearance into row Z against us at Firhill for St Mirren when they were leading.

Ha.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I mind Jim Goodwin celebrating and giving a loud "YAAAAAAAAAASSS" towards the JHS when he thumped a fairly routine clearance into row Z against us at Firhill for St Mirren when they were leading.
Ha.

I will never forget that, one of the most sinister things ive seen at firhill in my many years of going there... that and darren brady

Being able to slow the game down and manage it from the 5th minute is deliciously different from Archie when we couldn’t see a game out from the 85th minute.

On 2/16/2019 at 21:22, jagfox99 said:

imageproxy.png.a7f4be2fd6960caf2e940842e19e7543.png

No not upset it's just fact, Partick & Falkirk raised the funds to strengthen quite considerably in the January window, Alloa being part time can't compete with that it's how football is.

10 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

No not upset it's just fact, Partick & Falkirk raised the funds to strengthen quite considerably in the January window, Alloa being part time can't compete with that it's how football is.

Yup, it's fine margins in this league. We've both managed to add experience to our squads at a vital time.

Alloa seem to be struggling at getting your noses in front in recent games and not having enough to get back into games.

Still plenty of games to go but I'm not sure you have enough in your squad to stay up as things stand. You never know in this game though...

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really enjoyed the replays of a handball claim and a push in the box. 

The level of seethe demonstrated by the Alloa fans behind the goal in the first half was absolutely hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

The level of seethe demonstrated by the Alloa fans behind the goal in the first half was absolutely hilarious.

Apparently by the level of seethe from the commentator too.

Although I'm past seething, just resigned at the state of the refereeing. I'm about at the point I want to see that Norwegian guy that did the Chelsea-Barcelona game come out of retirement and have a crack at our league.

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Shout out the white haired old boy in the black jacket at 3 mins 44 seconds who's so seething he takes off running/sprinting down the terrace.