Alloa Athletic vs Partick Thistle (16/2/19)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/02/2019 at 11:03, MrDust said:

Two week running Mr Goodwin (ironic name) that Alloa have had one shot on target in 90 mins.

Praise indeed for being plucky, but surely that's the bare minimum for most part time teams over the years......unless you are Brechin

That Goodwin reference is truly horrific.

"One shot on target" suggests Alloa were outplayed in these games. I wasn't at the Partick match but it would seem that it was a fairly tight encounter, and the previous week we were undone by defensive errors in conceding when we had been on top.

As for the rest, would depend on how you define "plucky". Since we moved to the four league model a number of teams haven't managed 20 points over the course of the season in the second tier. This Alloa side achieved that in January, as the only part-time side in the league, and playing some excellent football in the process.  You can decide if that's plucky or not, but I'd suggest that the fact that we are still very much in it as we move towards March means that Alloa have done well this season.

We are certainly going through a sticky patch now and we badly need a few points soon if we are to stay in the fight. Not gone yet though and the team have consistently shown an impressive resilience in bouncing back from setbacks. 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

That Goodwin reference is truly horrific.

"One shot on target" suggests Alloa were outplayed in these games. I wasn't at the Partick match but it would seem that it was a fairly tight encounter, and the previous week we were undone by defensive errors in conceding when we had been on top.

As for the rest, would depend on how you define "plucky". Since we moved to the four league model a number of teams haven't managed 20 points over the course of the season in the second tier. This Alloa side achieved that in January, as the only part-time side in the league, and playing some excellent football in the process.  You can decide if that's plucky or not, but I'd suggest that the fact that we are still very much in it as we move towards March means that Alloa have done well this season.

We are certainly going through a sticky patch now and we badly need a few points soon if we are to stay in the fight. Not gone yet though and the team have consistently shown an impressive resilience in bouncing back from setbacks. 

If you have one shot on target in two games running, you are more than likely to come away with zero points.

Fair play for having that one shot, under Hartley we at times had none !!

I was simply pointing out the heads gone from Goodwin, as for plucky, I cant see an demeaning towards describing Alloa plucky in both winning and defeat but as many expected the turn of the year will tell on Alloa, more so if ourselves and Alloa picked up

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

If you have one shot on target in two games running, you are more than likely to come away with zero points.

Fair play for having that one shot, under Hartley we at times had none !!

I was simply pointing out the heads gone from Goodwin, as for plucky, I cant see an demeaning towards describing Alloa plucky in both winning and defeat but as many expected the turn of the year will tell on Alloa, more so if ourselves and Alloa picked up

Be warned, gibberish like this puts you at risk of being mistaken as another wasps1 alias. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Be warned, gibberish like this puts you at risk of being mistaken as another wasps1 alias. 

Comeback when you have one shot on target and win......

But its the defence that's at fault....according to Goodwin

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

Comeback when you have one shot on target and win......

But its the defence that's at fault....according to Goodwin

Have a read back over your previous post, it's unintelligible nonsense. Although quite befitting someone who thought that Goodwin reference was funny. 

55 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Have a read back over your previous post, it's unintelligible nonsense. Although quite befitting someone who thought that Goodwin reference was funny. 

You have had more shots on target than Alloa have had in their last two games.

I hope you have kept the back door closed, Goodwin won't be happy otherwise 

Archived