Alloa Athletic vs Partick Thistle (16/2/19)

You can generally spot a fraud manager by statements like 'our game plan went out the window' because an early goal was conceded. He obviously wasn't wrong though, limitless punts through the middle being effortlessly hoovered up by Steven Anderson througout the match showed he didn't have much of a credible plan at all.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thistledo said:

For those wanting a laugh this morning. 

xe6JkDs.jpg

PotableAltruisticGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

I mind Jim Goodwin celebrating and giving a loud "YAAAAAAAAAASSS" towards the JHS when he thumped a fairly routine clearance into row Z against us at Firhill for St Mirren when they were leading.
Ha.

I will never forget that, one of the most sinister things ive seen at firhill in my many years of going there... that and darren brady

On 2/16/2019 at 21:22, jagfox99 said:

imageproxy.png.a7f4be2fd6960caf2e940842e19e7543.png

No not upset it's just fact, Partick & Falkirk raised the funds to strengthen quite considerably in the January window, Alloa being part time can't compete with that it's how football is.

10 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

No not upset it's just fact, Partick & Falkirk raised the funds to strengthen quite considerably in the January window, Alloa being part time can't compete with that it's how football is.

Yup, it's fine margins in this league. We've both managed to add experience to our squads at a vital time.

Alloa seem to be struggling at getting your noses in front in recent games and not having enough to get back into games.

Still plenty of games to go but I'm not sure you have enough in your squad to stay up as things stand. You never know in this game though...

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really enjoyed the replays of a handball claim and a push in the box. 

The level of seethe demonstrated by the Alloa fans behind the goal in the first half was absolutely hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

The level of seethe demonstrated by the Alloa fans behind the goal in the first half was absolutely hilarious.

Apparently by the level of seethe from the commentator too.

Although I'm past seething, just resigned at the state of the refereeing. I'm about at the point I want to see that Norwegian guy that did the Chelsea-Barcelona game come out of retirement and have a crack at our league.

12 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Shout out the white haired old boy in the black jacket at 3 mins 44 seconds who's so seething he takes off running/sprinting down the terrace.

Highlights are much better quality  than Jagzone. You can just about see the froth around his mouth.

Thistle raised the funds by getting shot of (almost) all of our wage thieves. Aye, a lot of players came in but first we needed to trim the fat to free up the cash. It's not like we paid transfer fees and increased our squad size.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
18 hours ago, waspie13 said:

Thistle raised the funds by getting shot of (almost) all of our wage thieves. Aye, a lot of players came in but first we needed to trim the fat to free up the cash. It's not like we paid transfer fees and increased our squad size.

Yes, it looks like we did a fair bit of shrewd business in the January window. I would be very surprised if the wage bill changed much.

(Probably cursed it now).

14 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Shout out the white haired old boy in the black jacket at 3 mins 44 seconds who's so seething he takes off running/sprinting down the terrace.

That old boy was terrific to be fair. Had a right chuckle at the turn of pace, couldnt figure out if it was anger or momentum from the slope that carried him so quickly.

Thistle do look to have made a marked improvement in terms of organisation and structure of their team from the earlier games in the season. Anderson at the back doesnt do anything spectacular to make himself really stand out- but he did marshall that back line superbly well. Just what Thistle needed, and an excellent piece of business to bring him in. Bannigan is clearly playing with a bit more freedom as he isnt carrying the burden of complete and utter responsibility on his shoulders. Not sure about Harkins though- gave our left back a torrid time in the first ten minutes, but faded out of playing any major role in the game after that.

To be fair to Jim G, the Thistle keepers antics were quite bizarre at times- his slow distribution was actually curbing Thistles momentum in the game more than Alloas. Particularly when the game was still in the balance at 1-0.

From an Alloa perspective, we were quite flat throughout and the first goal was criminal. No doubt which team deserved to win on the day. No reason for chucking in the towel though- if you'd have offered me this position at the start of the season, I would have taken it. Still right in the mix, and capable of picking up points again if we cut out a few bad habits.

58 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

That old boy was terrific to be fair. Had a right chuckle at the turn of pace, couldnt figure out if it was anger or momentum from the slope that carried him so quickly.

Thistle do look to have made a marked improvement in terms of organisation and structure of their team from the earlier games in the season. Anderson at the back doesnt do anything spectacular to make himself really stand out- but he did marshall that back line superbly well. Just what Thistle needed, and an excellent piece of business to bring him in. Bannigan is clearly playing with a bit more freedom as he isnt carrying the burden of complete and utter responsibility on his shoulders. Not sure about Harkins though- gave our left back a torrid time in the first ten minutes, but faded out of playing any major role in the game after that.

To be fair to Jim G, the Thistle keepers antics were quite bizarre at times- his slow distribution was actually curbing Thistles momentum in the game more than Alloas. Particularly when the game was still in the balance at 1-0.

From an Alloa perspective, we were quite flat throughout and the first goal was criminal. No doubt which team deserved to win on the day. No reason for chucking in the towel though- if you'd have offered me this position at the start of the season, I would have taken it. Still right in the mix, and capable of picking up points again if we cut out a few bad habits.

I don’t think Alloa are by any means out on a limb at the bottom. I think that they have a few flair players who ironically will probably play better on bigger park.

Not many teams will win at the Indodrill in the run in so still all to play for, Morton and Dunfermline right in the mix now at the bottom as well 

Archived