Alloa Athletic vs Partick Thistle (16/2/19)

I did think it was a bit odd there were no Alloa fans behind the uncovered end in the 2nd half but when we went 2-0 up about a dozen teenagers came round to the segregation tape and started posturing. Harmless enough and I'm sure both sides involved will say they "won"

As for the game, first time I've seen us win away in the league since the Brexit vote, as our first away win outside the Highlands and Tayside in that time frame too. Not a classic but we ground it out which is far more important though I thought we were lucky with a handball shout even before the first goal which might have changed things. Anderson was excellent and McDonald was a huge game changer, he certainly didn't look like he hadn't played for 9 months other than missing a decent chance about a minute after he came on.

Seen a bit of chat about "only 8 points off 4th" but couple of very tough games coming up; after today though I'm confident we'll finish above Alloa and would be able to take any of the league one sides in the playoff should we finish 9th which is a massive improvement from 2 months ago, so fair play to Caldwell for that... though i haven't forgotten the 3 months of absolute shite before the new year to put us in this position in the first place.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Yah, both Partick and Falkirk are finding some form.  They did very well at the start of the season but at the end of the day it's going to be very tough for a part time team in a division of full time teams

It's not a case of Falkirk & Partick  finding form, more they have bought form in the January window , something Alloa can't compete with, i still don't thing their was a gulf between the 2 sides this week or last week, but in true Alloa style we won't give up until the very last kick of the ball.

Steven Anderson is far too good for this level - he won absolutely everything all day. His safety first approach means we don’t end up getting caught short at the back too often, as he’s not trying daft passes or keeping the ball in play in a dangerous area. Really basic stuff, but has made a big difference at the back.

I thought McDonald had a really good game when he came on. Lots of neat link-up between him, Doolan and Harkins, and he looked very sharp. I wasn’t a big fan of the idea of signing him, but after just half an hour of play I think I might have to eat those words.

I’m sure Alloa fans are sick of hearing it, but that pitch is nonsense, and it definitely hinders them. They looked far better on the big pitch we have at Firhill than on today’s 7-a-side effort.

Not wasn’t one of them but It’s kind of hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.
You cannae even manage a simple quote post ya helmet.

55 minutes ago, waspie13 said:

It's not a case of Falkirk & Partick  finding form, more they have bought form in the January window , something Alloa can't compete with, i still don't thing their was a gulf between the 2 sides this week or last week, but in true Alloa style we won't give up until the very last kick of the ball.

imageproxy.png.a7f4be2fd6960caf2e940842e19e7543.png

20 minutes ago, thistledo said:

For those wanting a laugh this morning. 

xe6JkDs.jpg

Delicious 

D118CDDE-BDD4-41EF-9025-34DFEBD07C4A.gif.a0ded72ed46c2956c7a26a127b56fda8.gif

Two week running Mr Goodwin (ironic name) that Alloa have had one shot on target in 90 mins.

Praise indeed for being plucky, but surely that's the bare minimum for most part time teams over the years......unless you are Brechin

Archived