• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Aim Here

New Managers Please - Hibs vs Accies 16th Feb

The 'barge' from Sowah on Gray was absolutely brutal  - there should have been a red card for it really because he challenged for the ball  and.....bumped into the Hibs captain, for goodness sake, at Easter Road !!!!   Who does he think he is, an opposition player or something?? Gray was lucky he didn't suffer some form of really, really bad injury and if the worst had happened             - which it really could have due to the excessive force put into the 'bump' - death.  
Hibs deserved their win - well done champs - but getting penalties for being bumped into certainly helps ! 

At any point during this shambles of a post did you reconsider for a moment?

10 minutes ago, Montague Withnail said:

they were both looking at the ball and they both went for the ball and they collided - 50/50 though Gray made some meal of it

Gray was about 2 feet higher than Sowah, had already headed the ball when the collision happened.

If Sowah had his eye on the ball, he wasnt exactly making any attempt to play it - he was barely off the ground when he hit Gray, and hence gave the ref a very very easy decision to make.

I understand why you might think it wasnt a penalty.........but I am equally 100% sure you would have wanted it if it happened in our box.

7 hours ago, tumbleweed said:

The 'barge' from Sowah on Gray was absolutely brutal  - there should have been a red card for it really because he challenged for the ball  and.....bumped into the Hibs captain, for goodness sake, at Easter Road !!!!   Who does he think he is, an opposition player or something?? Gray was lucky he didn't suffer some form of really, really bad injury and if the worst had happened             - which it really could have due to the excessive force put into the 'bump' - death.  

Hibs deserved their win - well done champs - but getting penalties for being bumped into certainly helps ! 

davidgraylegend.png

You'd be miffed had it been the other way

anyhoo, Rangers on Sunday when I imagine a litany of bewildering decisions will challenge the TV commentary teams to come up with plausible explanations

Edited by Montague Withnail

30 minutes ago, Montague Withnail said:

anyhoo, Rangers on Sunday when I imagine a litany of bewildering decisions will challenge the TV commentary teams to come up with plausible explanations

Wouldn't have been the other way, since our grizzled and weatherbeaten back four have about 80 years playing experience between them and don't give away those kinds of penalties. Johnson and Porteous might be callow, reckless and mental enough, but Johnson hospitalizes, on average, 3.5 opposing players per game, so he's currently banned by Special Order of the SFA Star Chamber, and Ryan Porteous is out for the season, after finding out the hard way you can't just grit your teeth and play through a bad case of broken kneecaps.

As for Rangers, I believe they'll be missing Morelos and McGregor, so you might actually get a result by playing football, rather than just preparing the usual faux-outrage at the match officiating a week in advance.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, Montague Withnail said:

Well I guess we'll never know.  I believe that's 9 goals without retaliation this season. Can't see us playing them again in the foreseeable years.

davidgraylegend.png&key=c1e8a7f08d5366dd

Wouldn't have been the other way, since our grizzled and weatherbeaten back four have about 80 years playing experience between them and don't give away those kinds of penalties. Johnson and Porteous might be callow, reckless and mental enough, but Johnson hospitalizes, on average, 3.5 opposing players per game, so he's currently banned by Special Order of the SFA Star Chamber, and Ryan Porteous is out for the season, after finding out the hard way you can't just grit your teeth and play through a bad case of broken kneecaps.
As for Rangers, I believe they'll be missing Morelos and McGregor, so you might actually get a result by playing football, rather than just preparing the usual faux-outrage at the match officiating a week in advance.
I'm glad you got the greenies you were desperate for M9.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I'm glad you got the greenies you were desperate for M9.

There's one for you m8. Seeing as there aren't enough Hamilton fans on here (or in general) to give you your fix.

Be generous lads.

I have to agree with the crayon eaters on this one that it was a penalty. Some of their posters are acting like Dundee fans though. They"d be as well just combining their two club threads.

23 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I have to agree with the crayon eaters on this one that it was a penalty. Some of their posters are acting like Dundee fans though. They"d be as well just combining their two club threads.

I dont think any of us have used gluebags for decades m9

I'm not surprised that Hibs fans thought it was a penalty.  I didn't at the time and still don't. 

I am surprised however that someone cared sufficiently to actually copy and paste the laws of the game in response. I now understand that said laws are never misapplied or ignored by referees, who never make mistakes. After all, if any of those things happened we would have to invent a disciplinary process, an appeal process against said disciplinary process, appoint a compliance officer and then endure the 'analysis' of every debatable decision on Sportscene come a Sunday evening. But no, the laws say one thing and no referee deviates from them at all. Ever. Glad that's cleared up.

Cheers Hibs, the last bastion of fair play and moral champions of the game. Or not, dependent on your point of view.