New Managers Please - Hibs vs Accies 16th Feb

30 minutes ago, Montague Withnail said:

You'd be miffed had it been the other way

anyhoo, Rangers on Sunday when I imagine a litany of bewildering decisions will challenge the TV commentary teams to come up with plausible explanations

Wouldn't have been the other way, since our grizzled and weatherbeaten back four have about 80 years playing experience between them and don't give away those kinds of penalties. Johnson and Porteous might be callow, reckless and mental enough, but Johnson hospitalizes, on average, 3.5 opposing players per game, so he's currently banned by Special Order of the SFA Star Chamber, and Ryan Porteous is out for the season, after finding out the hard way you can't just grit your teeth and play through a bad case of broken kneecaps.

As for Rangers, I believe they'll be missing Morelos and McGregor, so you might actually get a result by playing football, rather than just preparing the usual faux-outrage at the match officiating a week in advance.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Montague Withnail said:

You'd be miffed had it been the other way

Well I guess we'll never know.  I believe that's 9 goals without retaliation this season. Can't see us playing them again in the foreseeable years.

davidgraylegend.png&key=c1e8a7f08d5366dd

Wouldn't have been the other way, since our grizzled and weatherbeaten back four have about 80 years playing experience between them and don't give away those kinds of penalties. Johnson and Porteous might be callow, reckless and mental enough, but Johnson hospitalizes, on average, 3.5 opposing players per game, so he's currently banned by Special Order of the SFA Star Chamber, and Ryan Porteous is out for the season, after finding out the hard way you can't just grit your teeth and play through a bad case of broken kneecaps.
As for Rangers, I believe they'll be missing Morelos and McGregor, so you might actually get a result by playing football, rather than just preparing the usual faux-outrage at the match officiating a week in advance.
I'm glad you got the greenies you were desperate for M9.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

I'm glad you got the greenies you were desperate for M9.

There's one for you m8. Seeing as there aren't enough Hamilton fans on here (or in general) to give you your fix.

Be generous lads.

23 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I have to agree with the crayon eaters on this one that it was a penalty. Some of their posters are acting like Dundee fans though. They"d be as well just combining their two club threads.

I dont think any of us have used gluebags for decades m9

I'm not surprised that Hibs fans thought it was a penalty.  I didn't at the time and still don't. 

I am surprised however that someone cared sufficiently to actually copy and paste the laws of the game in response. I now understand that said laws are never misapplied or ignored by referees, who never make mistakes. After all, if any of those things happened we would have to invent a disciplinary process, an appeal process against said disciplinary process, appoint a compliance officer and then endure the 'analysis' of every debatable decision on Sportscene come a Sunday evening. But no, the laws say one thing and no referee deviates from them at all. Ever. Glad that's cleared up.

Cheers Hibs, the last bastion of fair play and moral champions of the game. Or not, dependent on your point of view.    

10 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I have to agree with the crayon eaters on this one that it was a penalty. Some of their posters are acting like Dundee fans though. They"d be as well just combining their two club threads.

9 hours ago, Green Day said:

I dont think any of us have used gluebags for decades m9

You two are getting it. 

11 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

If you don't think that was a foul I reckon you'd be happier following the juniors. 

And yet 4 Hibees I know well who were at the game all said it was soft at best and they have been raging had it been given at the other end.

31 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

And yet 4 Hibees I know well who were at the game all said it was soft at best and they have been raging had it been given at the other end.

Totally believe that story

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Tbf Hamilton fans pretty much do follow a junior team.

Have been convinced for years that Accies are only in the SPFL as the result of an administrative cock up that nobody's been brave enough to admit to yet.

Archived