Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

Lucky for McGlynn that he is so well-regarded by the Rovers support. They'd have hounded out almost anyone else by this point. Other than giving you a derby win, he's been absolutely abysmal.

Lose to Montrose and Rovers could be down to 4th, just two points ahead of 5th. As someone who's see his side totally torpedo down this league, it can definitely happen.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Yeah, that's fine. Let's just give up and become another Clyde or Airdrie.

We are already there! 5 out of 18 points is nothing  to do with bad luck it’s embarrassing from a so called full time outfit who cant even string a forward pass together . I would  rather see part time players show heart and determination than this bunch of charlatans disguising  themselves as professional footballers. I’m not having a go Beachbum I think we are all frustrated at how the season has went but the players are clearly not trying hard enough !

Mcglynn is taking stick from the majority for his failings. I do give him more leeway than most on here but even I'm moaning about the defence staying the same despite being woeful for weeks. There is a bit of realism in that it isn't his team and it was and still is to an extent unblanaced. We've also had horrendous lick with injurys to key players, hendry would have been a standout this season as would Vaughan if he could stay fit for 5 minutes. They're not players you can easily replace at this level.

This season is another wasted chance to go up because our board stuck by Smith in the summer when pretty much everyone in the stands wanted him gone. We can only really judge mcglynn this time around when he has had the summer window to address the issues in the squad Imo. So far it hasn't been good enough though.

Not sure what we are meant to do to be honest. Say we get rid of Mcglynn, then what?? Can't think of any obtainable manager who would be better off the top of my head. 

There is a lot of absolute shite in that squad that has to go before we can even think about progressing. I would like to see how Mcglynn gets on with that before casting the final judgement. 

Mccall took a while to get going at Ayr and they have ended up alright. Ian Murray was some people's choice and he's hardly been amazing at Airdrie. Sometimes takes managers a while to turn it round.  Granted same could be said for Smith but he had done nothing in his career to suggest that. At least Mcglynn has already hauled this club up from despair once before. 

If McGlynn left we would be looking for our 6th manager since Grant Murray left in 2015, hardly an advert for a club looking to the long term. 

McGlynn has had failings but the board didn't rate Smith, didn't back him and let him scramble around assembling a shit squad. 

16 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Won't be long before your lot are down here too.

If we went down then we'd only walk the league as usual and confine you to more play-off failure so yeah, that's not really an outcome that you should praying for right now.

Although even Alloa would finish 20 points clear of your rabble next season if they took the drop and kept hold of Goodwin. You're absolutely fucked and not before time. 

ec7229be-097a-4abd-a23d-584e950b30d0.jpg.40cb6efcc542eb1b6b7be32ea7708714.jpg

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

You based your opinion on how many Rovers games you have watched , where as I’ve watched 60 odds in  the last 2 seasons. You said he done a job on us if your happy to watch 10 men behind the ball and kick and rush your easily pleased

I based my opinion on your  last 3 managers and none seem to be any better than Smith .  Even the return of " the Messiah"   hasn't helped  .  Nothing I have seen has made me think otherwise.  

Your own manager  McGlynn  was the only one who thought you should have won a few weeks ago  .  Brechin deservedly won by being better organised and having a realistic and effective game plan.  Your own fans openly admitted this. 

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Lucky for McGlynn that he is so well-regarded by the Rovers support. They'd have hounded out almost anyone else by this point. Other than giving you a derby win, he's been absolutely abysmal.

Lose to Montrose and Rovers could be down to 4th, just two points ahead of 5th. As someone who's see his side totally torpedo down this league, it can definitely happen.

This . 

59 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Surely seeing the Rovers fans on Saturday stay to applaud Arbroath off the pitch would be enough then?

What the f**k for?

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hes not well regarded by all Rovers support

Smith is an average League 1 manager. Has never proved he's any more, other than a freak half season at Dundee.

McGlynn is a better manager, and I'm sure if he's given enough backing next season he will prove it in time. 

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Smith is an average League 1 manager. Has never proved he's any more, other than a freak half season at Dundee.

McGlynn is a better manager, and I'm sure if he's given enough backing next season he will prove it in time. 

Even if we we miss out on the playoffs? Why should he get another attempt?

15 minutes ago, grumswall said:
27 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Even if we we miss out on the playoffs? Why should he get another attempt?

I'm really starting to think you have something against male pattern baldness Frank.

No just against shit managers. Fucking wake up!

11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Getting the pish ripped out of us by Morten fans, the most relegated team in Scotland. Holy fuckity f**k.

Fake news - Stirling Albion are the most relegated team in Scotland (an impressive 14 times since 1945 alone). So you can't even cling on to that crumb of comfort while slogging it out with fucking Montrose to slither into the play-offs again. 

What a terrible, wee shame. 

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.4f073c59657fbe67ae7383d30e8aa7db.jpg

Fake news - Stirling Albion are the most relegated team in Scotland (an impressive 14 times since 1945 alone). So you can't even cling on to that crumb of comfort while slogging it out with fucking Montrose to slither into the play-offs again. 
What a terrible, wee shame. 
32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.4f073c59657fbe67ae7383d30e8aa7db.jpg

Thankfully my club have never ever slithered to the murky depths of league 2 oooaft. Let that sink in

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Thankfully my club have never ever slithered to the murky depths of league 2 oooaft. Let that sink in

Neither have Morton champ; I'd give you fifteen months on that score though.

In five years time we’ll be all sitting laughing at how shite we were, after just defeating St. Johnstone 3-0 in Perth to record our 5th straight win in the Premiership. 
Looking forward to it. 

Cocaine is amazing

Archived