Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching highlights again and can’t believe how well Hammy took his goal, 

Also Benedictus foul on McKenna looks even worse and McKenna could of been badly hurt, I did wish at time he was sent off but changed my mind, Really hope him and Davidson are available for the rest of the games,

Watching highlights again and can’t believe how well Hammy took his goal, 
Also Benedictus foul on McKenna looks even worse and McKenna could of been badly hurt, I did wish at time he was sent off but changed my mind, Really hope him and Davidson are available for the rest of the games,
The goal is superb, but not as good as Jason Thomsons celebration

Jason Thomson seems to have a real grudge against Rovers for some reason.

He was applauded by the supporters when he went to shake hands with Lyness and didn't acknowledge it and then when the Arbroath side were clapped off at the end he was about the only player that didn't acknowledge it.

Strange, as it's not as if he had a poor relationship with the fans when he was with us.

On 10/02/2019 at 11:04, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

I have refused to believe the league is over all season. Like mentioned above if Arbroath lose Tuesday and to us that’s 9 points clear with us still to play them again, we win that it’s 6 points.

Granted if Arbroath do win on Saturday I’ll happily, finally concede the league to Arbroath

RAITHIE HERE IS ONE 

On 13/02/2019 at 00:10, foreverarover said:
On 10/02/2019 at 17:56, Rovers1992/1993 said:

9 ahead on GD is effectively a point as well.

We need to win every game between now and the end of the season( unlikely as our biggest win streak this season is a whopping 2 games) and even if we were to manage that. I still can’t see Arbroath dropping enough points.

If Arbroath lose the 4 games required and rovers win then those 9 goals of a difference will quickly disappear with just single goal loses.

Is this another one RAITHIE

Great result, it's been a while since we last beat Raith and before the game I thought taking 1 point would be a good result after last week, but to take all 3 is terrific.

Just watched the highlights and Hamilton's goal must be up there for goal of the season. It wasn't spectacular but I think everyone in the ground thought he was going to hammer it, but he did the unexpected and coolly slotted it in with the Raith keeper and defence starting to go the wrong way. Great goal worthy of winning the match.

Well done the Raith fans who applauded us off the pitch at the end of the game, it must be hard for them to be so many points behind when they must have expected to be doing much better at the start of the season.

That Arbroath team reminded me of how we used to play under McGlynn first time around, extremely well organised with a great work ethic and not a little skill. We had absolutely none of that and could have played all day and never scored. Oh to have a central defender as good as Thomas O'Brien to build a defence around. Sadly, we're miles off what Arbroath have at the moment with next to no players that I'd want to keep next season. Huge rebuild required, just huge.

Archived