Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

47 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It really is. And you know it. The hatred coming from the shithole of Methil is rife. Keep up the patter it’s funny and cute at the same time

For something that's funny and cute you seem rather bothered.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to assume he's referring to that season. 3 is worse than 2? Should maybe have not been a pedant about that. 5c6b187d72c5b_Screenshot_20190218-204101_Samsung20Internet.thumb.jpg.193e8641dc848ecb20f3c96c1ce8a8b0.jpg

Did the Rovers not spend a good few years in the basement League in the 80's???

Did the Rovers not spend a good few years in the basement League in the 80's???
Was born in 88 and started supporting the team around 93 (like a good little glory hunter) so I don't have any knowledge of that. Happy to be told otherwise though kk.

3 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I based my opinion on your  last 3 managers and none seem to be any better than Smith .  Even the return of " the Messiah"   hasn't helped  .  Nothing I have seen has made me think otherwise.  

Your own manager  McGlynn  was the only one who thought you should have won a few weeks ago  .  Brechin deservedly won by being better organised and having a realistic and effective game plan.  Your own fans openly admitted this. 

I’m sorry I disagree your goalkeeper kept you in the game and we did deserve to win but your intitled to your opinion. You say better organised I’ll give you that 10man defence and hoof up the park to the wee dwarf at centre forward! Game plan not to lose ! That Smith is a w@@k who left the team he built with no right back , 1 winger , A unbalanced midfield with no creativity , Smith leaves because he was hopeless and he knew it and wasn’t wanting to have another disaster on his CV . Funny though how great Darren Dodds was then you punted him after winning you promotion how fickle are football fans

I’m sorry I disagree your goalkeeper kept you in the game and we did deserve to win but your intitled to your opinion. You say better organised I’ll give you that 10man defence and hoof up the park to the wee dwarf at centre forward! Game plan not to lose ! That Smith is a w@@k who left the team he built with no right back , 1 winger , A unbalanced midfield with no creativity , Smith leaves because he was hopeless and he knew it and wasn’t wanting to have another disaster on his CV . Funny though how great Darren Dodds was then you punted him after winning you promotion how fickle are football fans

You were top of the League and unbeaten when Smith left how does that compare to Professor Honeydew's record with the same players, just wondering like???

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

You were top of the League and unbeaten when Smith left how does that compare to Professor Honeydew's record with the same players, just wondering like???

That was after 5 games, and had already included some utterly embarrassing league Cup performances that gave a sneak preview as to how shit this squad could potentially be. 

We lost to Cowdenbeath and Cove Rangers in the League Cup - the teams that played the play-off to stay in the Professional setup. 

I don't think Smith would've done any worse as it's transpired, but he wouldn't have won the league.  

Yet unbeaten in the League and sitting top, he even managed to galvanise his players enough to take a point off us, which is more than Bunsen has done!!!

36 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Steady up there chief ,  I didn't mean to set you into a seething rage . 

Dods was average .   We finished 4th that season  losing more games than we won .  As for the sacking , honestly , do you think your club would have let  any manager go a full season without a win ?  ................That's a rhetorical question by the way. 

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

What is the fascination with Barry Smith and how a great manager he is I’m baffled . He was only here for a month then walked ,We lost to Cowdenbeath, Cove Rangers  in the league cup then were lucky to get a victory at Airdrie .Mcglynn had Lewis Vaughan for 1 game then missed the next 12 weeks , Grant Gillespie injured in Smiths last game in charge and missed 8 games under Mcglynn, Duggan injured his groin against Brechin Smiths 2nd last game  and missed 9 weeks so no he didn’t have the same players. Don’t know why your all moaning you should be thanking our board for doing you a favour!

Look at Darren Young  the vast majority of the East Fife support wanted rid of him last season why because you were dung but it was Barry Smiths squad he had to work with but look at this season he’s built his own team and what a transformation in East Fife’s fortunes. 

What is the fascination with Barry Smith and how a great manager he is I’m baffled . He was only here for a month then walked ,We lost to Cowdenbeath, Cove Rangers  in the league cup then were lucky to get a victory at Airdrie .Mcglynn had Lewis Vaughan for 1 game then missed the next 12 weeks , Grant Gillespie injured in Smiths last game in charge and missed 8 games under Mcglynn, Duggan injured his groin against Brechin Smiths 2nd last game  and missed 9 weeks so no he didn’t have the same players. Don’t know why your all moaning you should be thanking our board for doing you a favour!
Look at Darren Young  the vast majority of the East Fife support wanted rid of him last season why because you were dung but it was Barry Smiths squad he had to work with but look at this season he’s built his own team and what a transformation in East Fife’s fortunes. 

By no stretch of the imagination am I saying Smith is a great manager but he appears to have achieved better results than McGlynn has with the self same bunch of wage thieves yet to the casual observer, McGlynn still appears to get an easy ride from the majority of the Raith support!!!

Archived