Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

And we all know that's not strictly true 8)

It’s absolutely true. Accept it, embrace it and bask in the warm glow of success that comes from East Fife escaping League 2  to once again manage to play the mighty Raith Rovers in a stadium with more than one side.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That meme is getting more use than the horse.

Part-time jobs isn’t a particularly cutting insult. Lots of people have them.

It's not meant to be insulting to your average man on the street who may or may not work part time. Raith FC on the other hand...

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s absolutely true. Accept it, embrace it and bask in the warm glow of success that comes from East Fife escaping League 2  to once again manage to play the mighty Raith Rovers in a stadium with more than one side.

You missed out the getting pumped bit.

#LivingWithinOurMeans

7 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

It's not meant to be insulting to your average man on the street who may or may not work part time. Raith FC on the other hand...

You missed out the getting pumped bit.

#LivingWithinOurMeans

Pumped would be when the club you see as your most bitter rivals travel through to your one-sided stadium and beat you 0-5. Abject humiliation.

2-1 defeats are narrow, some night say lucky wins for the opposition.

10 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Pumped would be when the club you see as your most bitter rivals travel through to your one-sided stadium and beat you 0-5. Abject humiliation.

2-1 defeats are narrow, some night say lucky wins for the opposition.

That game is a distant memory and was a team mostly assembled by a certain Barry Smith (remember him?). You on the other hand were a half decent full time outfit who just made the drop down. Still here I see.

We're over it though and this season has been truly delicious .

Luck doesn't even come into it. The wee part time team from along the road have been worthy winners and should really have been 9 from 9. I'll settle for 7 though and look forward to collecting the other 3 points next month.

Mon the Montrose!

6 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

That game is a distant memory and was a team mostly assembled by a certain Barry Smith (remember him?). You on the other hand were a half decent full time outfit who just made the drop down. Still here I see.

We're over it though and this season has been truly delicious .

Luck doesn't even come into it. The wee part time team from along the road have been worthy winners and should really have been 9 from 9. I'll settle for 7 though and look forward to collecting the other 3 points next month.

Mon the Montrose!

So we’re clear on what constitutes getting pumped?

6 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

He also signed a few of the players who did the job against  you  lot . ...........and got the best out of the others .  Your point is futile .  It obviously doesn't seem to matter who is in charge at Starks. The end product is the same. 

You based your opinion on how many Rovers games you have watched , where as I’ve watched 60 odds in  the last 2 seasons. You said he done a job on us if your happy to watch 10 men behind the ball and kick and rush your easily pleased

20 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Going part time isn't an embarrassment, masquerading as a FT team really is. Facts would suggest you're the worst FT team in Britain and it's causing you problems. Instead of being a lucrative choice for very good part time players you're the last resort for bang average full time ones. It's a no brainer. I'd imagine players would choose Raith over other like minded part time teams

100% correct I’ve said the same on various topics on this forum, Total madness from the Rovers board as no other club in this league could match us if we were to pay part time wages considering our average gate is between 1500-1600. The whole Rovers board have ruled over a total farce for the last 3 seasons with no plan or leadership with one bad appointment after another

I’m not sure why McGlynn can’t just Well done to Arbroath, the league table doesn’t lie and you’re by far the best side in the division instead of all the crap he was spouting about nicking points etc. Actually don’t rate him as a manager one bit, from his interviews alone he seems a very dour character who couldn’t motivate someone in the Sahara desert with a cup of water. 

40 minutes ago, basher brash said:

100% correct I’ve said the same on various topics on this forum, Total madness from the Rovers board as no other club in this league could match us if we were to pay part time wages considering our average gate is between 1500-1600. The whole Rovers board have ruled over a total farce for the last 3 seasons with no plan or leadership with one bad appointment after another

Yeah, that's fine. Let's just give up and become another Clyde or Airdrie.

I’m not sure why McGlynn can’t just Well done to Arbroath, the league table doesn’t lie and you’re by far the best side in the division instead of all the crap he was spouting about nicking points etc. Actually don’t rate him as a manager one bit, from his interviews alone he seems a very dour character who couldn’t motivate someone in the Sahara desert with a cup of water. 

If you don’t rate him then why are you so bothered that he hasn’t congratulated Arbroath?

Surely seeing the Rovers fans on Saturday stay to applaud Arbroath off the pitch would be enough then?

If you don’t rate him then why are you so bothered that he hasn’t congratulated Arbroath?

Surely seeing the Rovers fans on Saturday stay to applaud Arbroath off the pitch would be enough then?

Didn't even know Raith fans had done that. Fair play

I'm not buying McGlynn either though to be honest, same things get said in his interviews every single week

Archived