Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
7 minutes ago, Robertolichtie said:
Bit like a Manager of a team who had no shots on target saying they had the game nicked from them.
Maybe just admit he got out smarted by Campbell and Arbroath were worth there win? 
Instead of deflect how bad his team and tactics are by saying Arbroath "nicked a win" 

He also gave you credit for coming for a point, getting the goal and defending well when you got the goal? That probably doesn't suit your narrative though.

We never go away for a point. 

Your manager should look at our away record and he would see we go away to win and the fact we had more shots on target and more shots in total hardly points to a team playing for a draw. 

But lets not let facts get in the way of your managers views or his tactics of not getting a shot on target.

If my team had just beaten the team in 2nd to go 16 points clear and effectively win the league I’d be heaping praise on them rather than calling the oppositions manager a peado and their fans retards.

Not seeing many ‘good winners’ on here tonight, which is a shame given how phenomenal Arbroath have been all season.

Dry your eyes loon

2 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Whilst technically not winning the title, I think you'll find our victory today is really the title winning game. Although you've been mediocre, I think it was important for us to actually beat you.

I must have missed Arbroath beating Dunfermline this season (although given how shite we've been I certainly wouldn't have bet against it!).

49 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Well done Dick Campbell and Arbroath. Very impressive.

Fife derby in play-off still a strong possibilty.  

Raith vs East Fife?

46 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

A lot of John McGlynn fans on here

Super John McGlynn

16 points emoji7.png

Does he still sport the trackies with tie combination? I confess that I didn't really pay attention to his clobber during our hiding at Starks.

I desperately hope we stay up for loads of reasons, but one of them is so that we get 2 trips to Arbroath next season. 

It's absolutely one of my favourite away days and grounds, and I also quite like Arbroath the town as well. On the last day of last season I went up and had a nice wander down to Pleasureland (lost £5 on the poker machines!) then had an enjoyable stroll back up the promenade, including a wee visit to the lighthouse museum. Got a chippy from the one at the docks which was exceptional and sat and ate it in glorious sunshine watching the waves smash off the seafront. Had a wee stroll around the old town before sitting at the bottom of the Wetherspoons ordering beers off the app whilst the sun poured in through the window, listening to the last day drama.

A quite magnificent day.

I desperately hope we stay up for loads of reasons, but one of them is so that we get 2 trips to Arbroath next season. 
It's absolutely one of my favourite away days and grounds, and I also quite like Arbroath the town as well. On the last day of last season I went up and had a nice wander down to Pleasureland (lost £5 on the poker machines!) then had an enjoyable stroll back up the promenade, including a wee visit to the lighthouse museum. Got a chippy from the one at the docks which was exceptional and sat and ate it in glorious sunshine watching the waves smash off the seafront. Had a wee stroll around the old town before sitting at the bottom of the Wetherspoons ordering beers off the app whilst the sun poured in through the window, listening to the last day drama.
A quite magnificent day.

You'll definitely stay up.

I hope you can have a nice day out next season [emoji4]

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You'll definitely stay up.

I hope you can have a nice day out next season emoji4.png

Me too! The last couple of times we went out with some Arbroath fans (they post on here, very sound lads) and they showed us the good pubs and much fun was had by all

O'Brien signed a new 2 year deal last month so he is going no where at the end of thr season.
Didn't know that but that's excellent news for you guys. What if someone offers some dosh though?
Hahahahahaha the seeth on here from rovers fans is incredible! 
To be fair most fans, like myself, are congratulating Arbroath and just moaning about the basket case of our own club. I haven't spoken to a single Rovers fan this year who thought we could still win the league.

We never go away for a point. 

Your manager should look at our away record and he would see we go away to win and the fact we had more shots on target and more shots in total hardly points to a team playing for a draw. 

But lets not let facts get in the way of your managers views or his tactics of not getting a shot on target.

Stats perhaps, but not facts. Robert s? By any chance.

You set up to nick a goal on the break and defend the lead. It worked, congratulations. We were shit and didn't muster a save from jamieson the entire game. I'm not sure that's entirely different from what mcglynn said?

I disagree with him with his obvious tactic of getting in behind today. It didn't work the first 5 times despite the high line you were playing and he left it too late to add pace up top to give it a chance of working.

But let's not let reasoned chat get in the way of your trolling.

Eta: DA your struggling if your coming down here for Charles.

For hundreds of years the Swiss used the alpenhorn to communicate over large distances using a specific code.

For thousands of years the inhabitants of the island of La Gomera in the Canaries employed a whistling technique called Silbo Gomero for the same purpose.

For some reason there was some p***k in the Novar Bar at lunchtime who couldn't comprehend that to have a conversation they didn't have to break 100 dB to converse to the person next to them.

Perhaps this is a method which works well on fishing boats but it really grates whilst in normal company.

I don't think it will take Arbroath supporters long to narrow down whom I am referring to.

On another note, congratulations on the league title.

19 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

For hundreds of years the Swiss used the alpenhorn to communicate over large distances using a specific code.

For thousands of years the inhabitants of the island of La Gomera in the Canaries employed a whistling technique called Silbo Gomero for the same purpose.

For some reason there was some p***k in the Novar Bar at lunchtime who couldn't comprehend that to have a conversation they didn't have to break 100 dB to converse to the person next to them.

Perhaps this is a method which works well on fishing boats but it really grates whilst in normal company.

I don't think it will take Arbroath supporters long to narrow down whom I am referring to.

On another note, congratulations on the league title.

Did he say cant a lot and was it Dick Campbell?

Just back in from having a few vinos in the Capital and as I have been critical of some of the performances recently I think that it is only proper that I recognise that to -day's result and overall play was excellent. From Hammy's cool finish , O'Briens  marshalling of their forwards and the difference Whately made was A1. 

Nice to see Dick sit with the fans in the first half and  the away support was brilliant, there were many fans there to-day who I  know came from a broad geographical  area stretching from the Highlands to Ayrshire. Also great see so many youngsters there with their dad's, overall a great day.

Archived