Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad I got in early, the 1 turnstile open and strip searching that made fans miss first ten minutes is embarrassing for a top of table clash, 

Did Davidson go off injured or get hooked? He struts about thinking he is a super star, also very lucky to get away without a yellow for taking Linn out,  

If my team had just beaten the team in 2nd to go 16 points clear and effectively win the league I’d be heaping praise on them rather than calling the oppositions manager a peado and their fans retards.

Not seeing many ‘good winners’ on here tonight, which is a shame given how phenomenal Arbroath have been all season.

You seem upset

3 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

If my team had just beaten the team in 2nd to go 16 points clear and effectively win the league I’d be heaping praise on them rather than calling the oppositions manager a peado and their fans retards.

Not seeing many ‘good winners’ on here tonight, which is a shame given how phenomenal Arbroath have been all season.

Take it you could all hear the Arbroath singing after all then.

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Glad I got in early, the 1 turnstile open and strip searching that made fans miss first ten minutes is embarrassing for a top of table clash, 

Did Davidson go off injured or get hooked? He struts about thinking he is a super star, also very lucky to get away without a yellow for taking Linn out,  

Injured I read on the raith thread. 

Pity as he always looks 1 tackle away from a red card.

Look at these stats. 59% possession with only 2 attempts at goal, neither of them on target. 
An absolutely dreadful performance.

Captureb.PNG.7edae388d68397d9c611edaeee39225a.PNG
We had a crappy header on target in the first half I'm sure and I'm loathed to ever trust the BBC stats . I don't recall us doing anything in the 2nd half.

The fact we were trying to big his up as a table topping clash pre match was a joke. The club should have realised weeks ago we were in a battle to make the playoffs now but as usual they don't have a clue.

Arbroath are better than us. It's as simple as that. On the pitch they are everything we are not and as I've mentioned before we'd have been lucky to have the Campbell's in charge. We had the chance 18 months ago and turned them down and it's no surprise our board once again have proved they cannot make the right decisions. It was a great touch by a lot of our fans to clap Arbroath off at full time.

As for the game as usual we had plenty of possession and did nothing. Every week it's the same and we look so easy to play against. The thing is we just don't have the players in the squad to play any other way and so we can only hope we scrape into the playoffs and somehow manage through. If Davidson and Bene are injured it would be the best thing that could happen to us although I genuinely reckon we could have every single defender injured bar McKay and McGlynn still wouldn't play him. We huffed and puffed today but created nothing and Arbroath defending were superb. O'Brien is the best centre back in the league and I'd be really interested to hear if Arbroath think there can keep hold of him next season.

What got to me today was that we have 2 loan players who clearly don't give a crap about us and yet we've been told for 2 years now by our board that we'll give our young players a chance. It's simply not happening. Young Watson has a bad game immediately dropped (how many have the rest of the defence had this season?), McKay with his arse on the bench every week, others away on loan, Jack Smith only involved because treacle feet Duggan is injured. We are failing spectaculary ever season and aren't even building for the future. But hey we have that amazing pitch!

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

We had a crappy header on target in the first half I'm sure and I'm loathed to ever trust the BBC stats . I don't recall us doing anything in the 2nd half.

The fact we were trying to big his up as a table topping clash pre match was a joke. The club should have realised weeks ago we were in a battle to make the playoffs now but as usual they don't have a clue.

Arbroath are better than us. It's as simple as that. On the pitch they are everything we are not and as I've mentioned before we'd have been lucky to have the Campbell's in charge. We had the chance 18 months ago and turned them down and it's no surprise our board once again have proved they cannot make the right decisions. It was a great touch by a lot of our fans to clap Arbroath off at full time.

As for the game as usual we had plenty of possession and did nothing. Every week it's the same and we look so easy to play against. The thing is we just don't have the players in the squad to play any other way and so we can only hope we scrape into the playoffs and somehow manage through. If Davidson and Bene are injured it would be the best thing that could happen to us although I genuinely reckon we could have every single defender injured bar McKay and McGlynn still wouldn't play him. We huffed and puffed today but created nothing and Arbroath defending were superb. O'Brien is the best centre back in the league and I'd be really interested to hear if Arbroath think there can keep hold of him next season.

What got to me today was that we have 2 loan players who clearly don't give a crap about us and yet we've been told for 2 years now by our board that we'll give our young players a chance. It's simply not happening. Young Watson has a bad game immediately dropped (how many have the rest of the defence had this season?), McKay with his arse on the bench every week, others away on loan, Jack Smith only involved because treacle feet Duggan is injured. We are failing spectaculary ever season and aren't even building for the future. But hey we have that amazing pitch!

O'Brien signed a new 2 year deal last month so he is going no where at the end of thr season.

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

As I said; classless. 

Bit like a Manager of a team who had no shots on target saying they had the game nicked from them.

Maybe just admit he got out smarted by Campbell and Arbroath were worth there win? 

Instead of deflect how bad his team and tactics are by saying Arbroath "nicked a win" 

Bit like a Manager of a team who had no shots on target saying they had the game nicked from them.
Maybe just admit he got out smarted by Campbell and Arbroath were worth there win? 
Instead of deflect how bad his team and tactics are by saying Arbroath "nicked a win" 
He also gave you credit for coming for a point, getting the goal and defending well when you got the goal? That probably doesn't suit your narrative though.

Archived