Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Everytime Raith fans come to EEP they sign about Sammy being a paedo. Don't remember much indignation about that tbh. 

Very well done to Arbroath, they might not admit it but I'd be shocked if there fans aren't looking at the fixture list and figuring out the title winning game. 

Whilst technically not winning the title, I think you'll find our victory today is really the title winning game. Although you've been mediocre, I think it was important for us to actually beat you.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Mcglynn isn’t a paedophile, he’s a shit manager though, very different. 
How long has dick had building that team of players? Mcglynns not even been in the job 6 months and has had 1 window. Proven in the past he can win this league and challenge for the championship with his own team. Hasn't worked out as we would have hoped but you cant say he's a shit manager based on less than 6 months in a job where he inherited a shit squad of players.

How long has dick had building that team of players? Mcglynns not even been in the job 6 months and has had 1 window. Proven in the past he can win this league and challenge for the championship with his own team. Hasn't worked out as we would have hoped but you cant say he's a shit manager based on less than 6 months in a job where he inherited a shit squad of players.
He had one thing to do in that window. Sort out the defence. Done f**k all about it. Time for a clear out.

7 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Out of interest do the Rovers fans think they would have had a better or worse points tally if Smith hadn't left? You were unbeaten in the league up to that point.

Hard to say, but I saw enough to suggest we had a shit season ahead. Cove and Cowdenbeath had already played us off the park in the leagur Cup, and we were a bit fortunate to be unbeaten at that point.

Everytime Raith fans come to EEP they sign about Sammy being a paedo. Don't remember much indignation about that tbh. 

Very well done to Arbroath, they might not admit it but I'd be shocked if there fans aren't looking at the fixture list and figuring out the title winning game. 

Sammy = fictional big bear
John McGlynn = mediocre/kinda pish manger (real person)

He had one thing to do in that window. Sort out the defence. Done f**k all about it. Time for a clear out.
He didn't just have one thing to do though. He had to try and replace Armstrong who had clearly made up his mind he was leaving. He's brought more balance going forward but Vaughan getting injured has obviously scuppered his plans in that regard. Its not a coincidence Nisbet hasn't had the service. He's brought Lyness in who looks more assured at leaving his line than anyone we've had the past two seasons. He's tried to replace what hendry offered with barjonas, who isn't a patch on hendry from what iv seen so far. He has fucked up by not sorting the defence out other than lyness though and needs to give the options he actually has had all along a bloody chance! Knowing him it will be Gillespie to rb with davo and Murray at cb though! He obviously got injured since, but wardrop at utd would have been perfect for how he's got us set up but he completely ignored the back line, which is criminal.

54 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Some Raith fans genuinely thought that they could win this league before this game too. emoji23.png

#roaringback

Links please? I'm interested to read the posts from these fans.

52 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Mexico said:
John Mcglynn isn’t a paedophile, he’s a shit manager though, very different. 

He has had a window, though. And didn't use it to deal with our very apparent defensive frailties.

Arbroath have been by far the best team in the league this season. Enjoy your title win. It'll be arithmetically yours before too long!

Archived