Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Arbroath supporters on here are incredibly classless. 

Their team on the other hand have been tremendous and deserve all the praise that'll come their way when they inevitably lift the title. 

We are absolutely gash and will struggle to make the playoffs on today's showing. 

Was never going to be a good game, was surprised at how poor Raith were. They are easily the best team we’ve seen this season at Gayfield in December, they must of raised their game some amount that day going by their other results.

They were poor today and DeeJay didn’t have much to do. We done the job unspectacularly but that’s what you have to do to win leagues...

on another note tam O’Brien absolutely strolled too good for part time football the club are lucky to have him another 2 year.

Would have quite happily left at ht today. No passion or fight from us whatsoever. Arbroath came for a point and got 3. Fair play to them. We could play till next Saturday and not score. Will be happy to see the back of the majority of this team in the summer!

20 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Nope, calling McGlynn a paedo is taking things a little too far

Everytime Raith fans come to EEP they sign about Sammy being a paedo. Don't remember much indignation about that tbh. 

Very well done to Arbroath, they might not admit it but I'd be shocked if there fans aren't looking at the fixture list and figuring out the title winning game. 

The Arbroath supporters on here are incredibly classless. 
Their team on the other hand have been tremendous and deserve all the praise that'll come their way when they inevitably lift the title. 
We are absolutely gash and will struggle to make the playoffs on today's showing. 

Laugh out fucking loud

Arbroath don’t have the fluidity of earlier this season but this was a solid, disciplined and well organised performance. Good to see Whatley back in the middle but even the forwards worked hard to deny Raith space (Bobby Linn made a great defensive interception). We carried an occasional attacking threat first half but little second half when we seemed happy enough to allow Raith possession but they created very little -our tremendous back 4 interventions and their offside trap mostly suffocated them. Good vocal support too (unlike Gayfield) but I give great credit to Raith fans trying their team going despite an uninspiring performance.

Incredible position to be in with one third of the season left. If we keep as focused and disciplined as today, we could keep this points gap going.

Yup, you are absolutely correct on that. We are a shambles of a squad. No team mentality. The sooner Davo, Thomson, Murray, Crane, Barjonas and Flanagan are gone the better. I’d actually prefer it if we didn’t finish in the play offs. The embarrassment is too much to take 

Settle.

Thomson’s a decent keeper. We won’t get much better at this level. Lyness looks poor though.

I’d keep Murray as well for Centre half. I think he’s an excellent centrehalf but brutal at right back.

I will however add Wedderburn and to a lesser extent Gillespie to your list of players that can get to f**k!

Well done Arbroath. Quite simply a far better team than us. You deserve the title. Nice touch that many Rovers fans recognised this and clapped you off at the end. 

We have absolutely no character. The play offs are going to be the usual car crash. Can’t see us getting past the semi-final the way we are playing at the moment. McGlynn needs to start from scratch next season and put together another hybrid part time/full time squad to get us challenging properly.  Benedictus and Davidson first out the door please.  

Settle.

Thomson’s a decent keeper. We won’t get much better at this level. Lyness looks poor though.

I’d keep Murray as well for Centre half. I think he’s an excellent centrehalf but brutal at right back.

I will however add Wedderburn and to a lesser extent Gillespie to your list of players that can get to f**k!
Lyness hasn't actually put a foot wrong in his two games so far. Nat is a marmite player, I like him. He isn't the fastest player and he will misplace passes at times but the passes he does misplace tend to not just be side to side. Thomson is a decent enough 'keeper for league 1 but there are better in this league, we played one today. Fully agree with Gillespie. Should be strolling this level but has been poor overall. Would prefer Matthews played ahead of him next week.

Wasn't the best of games from us with the constant long balls not doing anything but we looked dangerous with the ball on the deck and when we got it wide. A superb composed finish from Hammy for the goal that most other players on the pitch probably would have lashed at. Second half just invited rovers on and they created nothing. Could have possibly had a couple of breakaway chances if it wasn't for a couple of professional fouls.

Archived