Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season is over. The only hopes we had were Vaughan and Armstrong and we don’t have them anymore. Without them we are poor to watch. That team, and I use the word loosely as we don’t look like a team, will be lucky to finish in the play-off spots and there’s little chance of them getting through the play-offs. 

I’m torn between saying “f**k this, i’m done for the season” and saying “well, I suppose I better keep going”. This season is over and watching us going through the motions is just going to be more games like today. Brutal.

Davo gets subbed and McKay still can’t get a game. What is that all about?

Time for McGlynn to start earning his money.

Raith will do well to remain in the play off places.

Yup, you are absolutely correct on that. We are a shambles of a squad. No team mentality. The sooner Davo, Thomson, Murray, Crane, Barjonas and Flanagan are gone the better. I’d actually prefer it if we didn’t finish in the play offs. The embarrassment is too much to take

Well, that was rank. First half saw us stick with the same defence and it was painfully obvious it was only a matter of time before it ended up in a cluster f**k. We were far better in the second half, but Arbroath were incredibly well organised and well worth their win.

Davo, Barjonas and Flanagan aren't good enough. McGuffie looked completely devoid of any creativity. Our midfield failed to put any pressure on at any point in the game, and our only clear cut chance was at 0-0.

Can see our attendances taking a hammering in the next few months and maybe going sub 1000. The club is doing lots right off the park, but on the pitch the standard isn't good enough.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The club is doing lots right off the park, but on the pitch the standard isn't good enough.

This was always on the cards. However things like injuries and keeping Smith beyond the championship decider have not helped us for this season. 

Archived