Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

Shooting the wrong way, 1-0 down, can’t pass the ball more than 5 yards and when we do it’s backwards. The tactic is obviously to move the ball quickly across the back four and then it Nisbet’s feet to try to negate ToB’s heading ability. That’s fine in earnest but we are so fucking slow at passing the ball. Iain Davidson, man. f**k me...

High point of the first half was someone near me shouting, “THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT OUTCOME”. Too wordy, imo.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really poor. Barjonas has been woeful in the middle of the park. I know I bang on about it all the time, but we really are nothing without Vaughan. There's no verve, no drive, no creativity or ingenuity.

We might've completed four or five times as many passes as Arbroath in that half, but we did nothing with them. Lots of passing across the back four, but nothing going forward.

Callum Crane doesn't look like a player who was promoted from this division last year, in either talent or confidence. If either one of our fullbacks was more inclined to bomb on, we'd be a different proposition. Both turn up at the back post occasionally, but they're not leading the charge.

I feel for Nisbet, we're not getting him into the game at all.

We've tried a few sliderule passes through the defence, I imagine as a deliberate attempt to mitigate Arbroath's strength in the air, but Jamieson has been quick off his line every time.

It’s good to see overly ham fisted stewards and poor treatment of the fans isn’t just limited to the top flight. The Arbroath boys are just having fun and making a cracking amount of noise, he’s their standing, but to get the police involved is ridiculous. Games awful, but it’s enjoyable none the less. Maybe for the wrong reasons.

Can’t wait for the singing section to kick in

This is the problem with both sets of fans being so far away. We can see Arbroath fans singing but can’t hear them and it’ll probably be the same in your end.

What a lie

I genuinely haven’t been able to make out any songs you’ve sung, like I said though it’ll be the same in your end not being able to hear us either. Since the plod have been in your end though it’s died down further no doubt.

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

High point of the first half was someone near me shouting, “THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT OUTCOME”. Too wordy, imo.

Like going to the Rovers?

Archived