Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still have lots of faith in the team but we have to start getting back to winning ways and more crucially the way we were playing in the first half of the season. Whatley over gold, denholm in for Kader and McKenna and Wallace up top is needed for this one

10 minutes ago, Mexico said:

It’s fair to question the bottle of this Arbroath team at this point, as we have been pretty shit since the turn of the year, we’ve been lucky Rovers haven’t capitalised. 

Yeah, if someone said to me when leaving Gayfield in December that Arbroath would go on the run they have I would have been delighted. Just so happens we have been worse. 

It’s fair to question the bottle of this Arbroath team at this point, as we have been pretty shit since the turn of the year, we’ve been lucky Rovers haven’t capitalised. 

What bottle, you won it. Even at our best, which isn’t even that good. You’ve still won the league at a canter. The best and strongest team in the division and very well done

Yeah, if someone said to me when leaving Gayfield in December that Arbroath would go on the run they have I would have been delighted. Just so happens we have been worse. 

Yep, the chance has been there. If we’d won every game since Gayfield we’d be three behind going into this match, and even allowing for dropped points - because we’ve played some decent teams - we should be looking at winning to get within five or less, which is what seeing out relatively routine looking victories against Brechin and Forfar would’ve done for us. Suddenly a title race is on.

We obviously have to win to maintain a vague outside hope. Arbroath have been on the ropes the past few weeks and have extended their lead. Incredibly frustrating.

Dick Campbell has used recent games to try to integrate his January signings, with limited success. I expect him to revert to the formation and personnel that took us to the top. The gap will narrow but we should have enough to finish top.
The chasing pack will all take points off us but off each other too.
A draw on Saturday I’m hoping.

Dick Campbell has used recent games to try to integrate his January signings, with limited success. I expect him to revert to the formation and personnel that took us to the top. The gap will narrow but we should have enough to finish top.
The chasing pack will all take points off us but off each other too.
A draw on Saturday I’m hoping.
I'm hoping for a win but would take a draw.

3 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Davo always seems to have an inspired performance against us yet the Raith fans don’t rate him. Does he raise his game against us ?

He just has one good game every now and then....he played well against Dunfermline so yous should be fine for this week.

Can’t see there being more than 1300 home fans for this to be totally honest. I’m not that arsed for it, I might change my mind on Saturday morning. I get that the club needs to big the game up and try remain positive but it’s pretty tough when we’re so many points behind.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

DJ

Thomson
Little
ToB
Hamilton

Whatley
Swanks

DD
McKenna
Linn

Wallace

Hope we play that

Wallace has to play, I said before and still think he will play Donnelly though,  I think gav will be very lucky to keep his place but  I fully expect him too, 

totally agree mate the team knew there jobs knew the guys what runs they would make etc. whatley gets injured out the team pongo comes on scores doris getting fitter scoring goals. the team looked at the bench and knew what to expect from these guys.so now with dc latest signings who the f..k knows and he will play them no doubt on saturday

My team for Saturday :-

DJ

THOMSON    LITTLE    TOB    HAMILTON

GOLD    WHATLEY    SWANKIE    LINN

WALLACE      MCKENNA

Leaves some very good players on the bench to bring on if changes are required.

The last couple of times Pongo seems to play well there and Spence being an ex-player as well plus you know what you will get from Stevie D.

Archived