Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Incredible the number of fans who continue to get rattled by the fact we're full time. 

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I'm resigned to losing the league by at least 10 points. As predicted, McGlynn has sorted you out, and your full-time status will carry the day.

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 22.56.05.png

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Roaring Back (with a Vengeance) when we put all these upstart part time teams in their place. Then we can get back to talking about being full time team all the time. 

2017/18 - Roaring Back

2018/19 - Roaring Back 2

2019/20 - Roaring Back (with a Vengeance)

2020/21 - Live Free or Roar Back

2021/22 - A Good Day to Roar Back

2022/23 - Relegated from Championship

2023/24 - Roaring Back...

He’s got to appease the fans and the players until the end of the season. Nurse us along until the play-offs. You never know the day, but I can’t see McGlynn making drastic changes after an away defeat to a Premiership side.
I do wonder how many defeats he’s going to suffer before he makes changes, but other than dropping Davo and/or Bene for McKay and/or Murray and maybe trying Watson/Bene at full back, i’m not sure what he’d try. Personally i’d have Murray at centre half. He’s better there. I’d need to look back to see who he was partnered with last time he played there. Wedderburn is also a possibility in the centre of defence. 3 at the back again?
Think Murray looks far worse at centre back - played there second half away to East Fife was the last time and looked lost.

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it's a piss take...

Because a lot of you never shut up about it

Nah, this guy was on the Rovers thread and quite angry about it. 

Quite strange to be honest. 

40 minutes ago, true_rover said:
12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
He’s got to appease the fans and the players until the end of the season. Nurse us along until the play-offs. You never know the day, but I can’t see McGlynn making drastic changes after an away defeat to a Premiership side.
I do wonder how many defeats he’s going to suffer before he makes changes, but other than dropping Davo and/or Bene for McKay and/or Murray and maybe trying Watson/Bene at full back, i’m not sure what he’d try. Personally i’d have Murray at centre half. He’s better there. I’d need to look back to see who he was partnered with last time he played there. Wedderburn is also a possibility in the centre of defence. 3 at the back again?

Think Murray looks far worse at centre back - played there second half away to East Fife was the last time and looked lost.

Did he play in the centre of defence a few times last season or am I imagining it? Personally, I don’t think he looks great at full back. He’ll do but he’s not great there. He’s a good utility player, he attacks the ball well in the air and he’s got aggression. If we were playing a back three he’d be one of them. 

7 hours ago, itzdrk said:

2017/18 - Roaring Back

2018/19 - Roaring Back 2

2019/20 - Roaring Back (with a Vengeance)

2020/21 - Live Free or Roar Back

2021/22 - A Good Day to Roar Back

2022/23 - Relegated from Championship

2023/24 - Roaring Back...

Looking forward to season 2021/22 already.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That quote that the boy lichtgilphead keeps posting is from Ro Sham Bo, too - a known wum. Whatever makes him happy, I suppose.

Indeed, Ro Sham Bo was actually one of the few skeptics when McGlynn was appointed. Some amount of bites he has raked in with that comment now.

On to the game, meh. The last time we played Arbroath we had some slight hope. We knew a win could knock them off their stride and there was enough time left to gain the points necessary if we could put a run together.

However, whilst Arbroath’s form has been patchy since then we have regressed and don’t look capable of putting any sort of run together. We’ve won 1 league game since then, if we’d been able to put a run of wins together since that game we could have been 2 points behind right now. Arbroath have given us opportunities. But you can’t win leagues when in February you still haven’t managed more than 2 wins in a row.

Hopefully we get the win on Saturday to start some sort of momentum in the league heading to the play offs but it won’t change anything. Arbroath won the league with their first half of the season, no other team in the league is capable of matching the level of consistency they showed over that time and they’ll be worthy winners for that reason.

21 hours ago, Mexico said:

Surely Raith will have bigger games against the likes of Forfar and East Fife coming up? 

Getting the piss taken by Arbroath fans. Could be worse I suppose.

Generally 1st v 2nd is a big game. Granted when the 1st place team is 15 points ahead of the 2nd team they are probably not that bothered about it. 

Hopefully we can try and find a winning formula before the play-offs. The worry is that John mcGlynn thinks the current line-up is fine and if he just keeps playing it then everything will turn out alright on the night.

Archived