Rovers v Arbroath - the next instalment

A draw and an away win against these lads so far. Can we get another win?

I’m not holding out much hope of getting a run of wins and challenging. This team don’t seem capable. Even if we had Vaughan in the team, which we don’t, defensively we are chronic. Best we can hope for is to limp along to the play-offs and hope for blind luck getting us through.

Whatever happens we need a bit of a squad re-build. Hopefully McGlynn does a better job than that fucking charlatan Smith.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can pick up a win on Tuesday night. 15 ahead going into this would be some boost. If we win Tuesday I think we should just go for it and treat it as a cup final. Best case scenario 18 ahead by close of play with 13 to play, worst case 9. Would have taken both of they outcomes in a heart beat if offered it at the start of the season.

Think Tuesday is a massive game, going into this 15 points clear would be massive for us and would take the pressure off slightly, allowing us to play with freedom which could allow us to perform better. Don’t want to lose Tuesday because losing on Saturday after that cuts the gap down to 9 points and that bundles the pressure on us, need to keep a healthy gap and win the league at the earliest opportunity.

Remember, Raith drew their last league game. We can afford to do the same. Accordingly, I would be happy to go into this "only" 13 points clear and get out of Kirkcaldy with a draw. There's a finite number of games left, and if we match Raith's result every week, we win the league with 4 games to go...

I have refused to believe the league is over all season. Like mentioned above if Arbroath lose Tuesday and to us that’s 9 points clear with us still to play them again, we win that it’s 6 points.

Granted if Arbroath do win on Saturday I’ll happily, finally concede the league to Arbroath

Dig the optimism. The “squad” gave up long ago

I have refused to believe the league is over all season. Like mentioned above if Arbroath lose Tuesday and to us that’s 9 points clear with us still to play them again, we win that it’s 6 points.

Granted if Arbroath do win on Saturday I’ll happily, finally concede the league to Arbroath

9 ahead on GD is effectively a point as well.

We need to win every game between now and the end of the season( unlikely as our biggest win streak this season is a whopping 2 games) and even if we were to manage that. I still can’t see Arbroath dropping enough points.

13 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

The manager has a free hit here change the defence and I don't think to many fans will complain but to go with the same defence that's just criminal. 

He’s got to appease the fans and the players until the end of the season. Nurse us along until the play-offs. You never know the day, but I can’t see McGlynn making drastic changes after an away defeat to a Premiership side.

I do wonder how many defeats he’s going to suffer before he makes changes, but other than dropping Davo and/or Bene for McKay and/or Murray and maybe trying Watson/Bene at full back, i’m not sure what he’d try. Personally i’d have Murray at centre half. He’s better there. I’d need to look back to see who he was partnered with last time he played there. Wedderburn is also a possibility in the centre of defence. 3 at the back again?

The manager has a free hit here change the defence and I don't think to many fans will complain but to go with the same defence that's just criminal. 

Therein lies the problem. McGlynn’s stubbornness to strengthen that dismal defence will be our undoing. We’re a poor squad as it is. Davo will be offered a longer contract in the summer too. Oh lordy please god No.

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Therein lies the problem. McGlynn’s stubbornness to strengthen that dismal defence will be our undoing. We’re a poor squad as it is. Davo will be offered a longer contract in the summer too. Oh lordy please god No.

As I said no fan would argue about giving a young player a chance what does he have to lose? He has to try something. 

Archived