Club Badges

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Our current badge kind of reminds me of the Ayr one, perhaps we'll get lucky and someone will report us!!!

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You could report them.

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

The current crest, as mentioned above, would almost certainly also be outlawed if challenged using the backward legislation that embarrassingly still exists in 21st century Scotland.

image.gif

Rather ironic that an Airdrie fan started this thread, considering it was also an Airdrie fan that went full on tears and snotters after they were made to change their badge and grassed us in to the Lord Lyon, meaning we also had to change our badge to something 'non-heraldic'. 
Our new badge is much better though so if the guy that reported us is reading this, cheers m9.

20190212_095003.jpg.e94e47f3309ea2863341e743d2d131d3.jpg

Except it wasn’t an Airdrie Fan who started the thread!

I personally prefer your old badge. Too many circles in Scottish Football. Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Stenny, Brechin etc.

Your old badge was more unique.

That said.... the new one must have a decent winning percentage!

12 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

I personally prefer your old badge. Too many circles in Scottish Football. Aberdeen, Celtic, Rangers, Stenny, Brechin etc.

The OP's profile says he's an Airdrie fan.

Aye the new badge has seen nothing but success so far, so if it continues to bring us such luck I have no issue with being one of the circular crowd!

15 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

There's so many circles because you're allowed them without the Lord Lyon getting his heraldic tights in a twist.

The problem starts when you try to use a shield. IIRC Shields are technically treated as Coats of Arms and these require, apparently, to be "matriculated" which I think means registered with the Heraldic authorities. Queens Park's crest was matriculated in the 1920s and Hibs registered their badge when they changed it to the one with the castle, harp and ship on it, the certificate was on display in the main stand entrance.

There's so many circles because you're allowed them without the Lord Lyon getting his heraldic tights in a twist.
The problem starts when you try to use a shield. IIRC Shields are technically treated as Coats of Arms and these require, apparently, to be "matriculated" which I think means registered with the Heraldic authorities. Queens Park's crest was matriculated in the 1920s and Hibs registered their badge when they changed it to the one with the castle, harp and ship on it, the certificate was on display in the main stand entrance.

I know a lot more about Heraldry than I’d like to having tried to “save” the old Airdrie Badge! Ultimately neither Westminster or Holyrood interested (understandably!) in spending any time considering this!!!!

I just find it a shame if we end up with homogeneous club branding because of all of this nonsense.

It the grand scheme of things it’s of no relevance, but I’d love to see the clubs affected having the right to use their old badges again and the Heraldic Hobbyists put in their rightful place.

The actions taken by the Lord Lyon’s Procurator Fiscal are not in the public interest. They also did seem to do a Uturn with a Perth Primary School recently who had an “illegal badge”.

Hey, remember it could be worse, we could all have badges like Alloa's!!!

IMG_0571.jpg.74ea34c283d145652e93c9e9808574c2.jpg

Technically though is that not a shield on it???

Built in get out clause, clever!!![emoji848]

25 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Hey, remember it could be worse, we could all have badges like Alloa's!!!

IMG_0571.jpg.74ea34c283d145652e93c9e9808574c2.jpg

Technically though is that not a shield on it???

Built in get out clause, clever!!!emoji848.png

It would be a good thing if the Lord Lyon forced Alloa to change that monstrosity.

Just now, Enigma said:

Maybe if clubs had been up on the law in the first place we wouldn’t have this debate. Lord Lyon only enforcing the law and doing his job.

He's an arsehole.

No defending him.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

C’mon then, show us a photo which brings Dumbo to life.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo from the correct angle. You can view it from the M8 on the south bank of the Clyde near Langbank - as I did. Since I was on a motorway though I couldn't stop for a photo.

5 hours ago, Enigma said:

Maybe if clubs had been up on the law in the first place we wouldn’t have this debate. Lord Lyon only enforcing the law and doing his job.

Are you being serious? Lord Lyon should receive a hearing in the Tower Bar in Methil or suchlike to defend his case against being declared an absolute fud. Then into the sea with him. Summary justice...

Edited by Angusfifer