• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

4 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Morelos is one of the biggest cheats I've ever seen, not helped by being indulged by bunrefs and bunbeaks

giphy.gif

I’d rather be punched in the face than have someone dive. AMF. #disgusting

A thread about cheats?  That dive at the end of the clip...

Edited by The_Kincardine

Aye I'm not a fan of the cheating, but it's been around in some way or other since people started to compete professionally. It's the shadow side of competition and I don't think for a moment that sport would be any good without it. It gives us villains and a sense of injustice against which we rail. It's an essential part of the psychodrama.

It's also a cultural thing. In South America, Italy and Spain they don't have the Corinthian idea of sport (which is a British upper class invention), and they don't see attempting to con the ref as "cheating". They see it as gaining an advantage over an opponent. 

From a neutral, dramatic perspective, I fuckin love Morelos. He's a proper panto villain and is easy to detest. I think we'll miss him when he eventually leaves.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

From a neutral, dramatic perspective, I fuckin love Morelos. He's a proper panto villain and is easy to detest. I think we'll miss him when he eventually leaves.

Decent post from you - surprisingly ;)

And yes, Alfie is a panto villain.  What allows him to sort-of get away with it is that he's also an immense talent.  His (and our) second goal on Wednesday was from the top drawer.

We'll be richer but Scottish football will be poorer when he leaves.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

he's also an immense talent.  

Thank you. I have a hangover and really needed something to make this train journey more enjoyable

Morelos is a fine striker and a pretty good WUM. He's basically the *** version of Neil Lennon, partly because he loves getting it up opposition fans, and partly because you'd love to see someone go through the rodent at knee height. 

McGregor is far worse imo. Keepers have always had a degree of protection from refs. McGregor hides behind that to leave the boot (or elbow) in as often as he can. He's a complete coward. 

As for cheating in general, it's never going away until it ceases to provide any sort of advantage. Back in the Football Italia on C4 days I'm sure they experimented with straight reds for diving for a season. It lasted about 2 months or so and was a complete failure. 

Folk (usually wankers) hold up Rugby as some sort of sportsmanlike example of non-cheating "honest" sport. Complete pish of course. If there was any way to cheat in rugby to gain an identifiable advantage, they'd all be at it. 

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Surely the Harper McLeod lawyer/compliance official can't have dismissed those incidents out of hand.....

43 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Morelos is a fine striker and a pretty good WUM. He's basically the *** version of Neil Lennon, partly because he loves getting it up opposition fans, and partly because you'd love to see someone go through the rodent at knee height. 

McGregor is far worse imo. Keepers have always had a degree of protection from refs. McGregor hides behind that to leave the boot (or elbow) in as often as he can. He's a complete coward. 

As for cheating in general, it's never going away until it ceases to provide any sort of advantage. Back in the Football Italia on C4 days I'm sure they experimented with straight reds for diving for a season. It lasted about 2 months or so and was a complete failure. 

Folk (usually wankers) hold up Rugby as some sort of sportsmanlike example of non-cheating "honest" sport. Complete pish of course. If there was any way to cheat in rugby to gain an identifiable advantage, they'd all be at it. 

Aye, Rugby, the sport where thumbs regularly find their way into the opponents eyes and arseholes. 

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

28 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely the Harper McLeod lawyer/compliance official can't have dismissed those incidents out of hand.....

A player can only be punished retrospectively for diving if it leads to a penalty, a red card or a direct free-kick from which a goal was scored.

A player can only be punished retrospectively for diving if it leads to a penalty, a red card or a direct free-kick from which a goal was scored.
Ocht you and your "facts" and "rules".

I'll put you down for a last minute City penalty winner tomorrow then... 
5c5e0ebbda661_damnedunited2.jpg.d3a3ac4c5f12b50c0ac68837a01088a8.jpg
But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.
You're only top because you're a cheating, dirty bunch of b*****ds anyway.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Incidents not incident....

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Keepers have always had a degree of protection from refs.

Not ALWAYS and there's a pretty good reason they were eventually given it.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Decent post from you - surprisingly ;)

And yes, Alfie is a panto villain.  What allows him to sort-of get away with it is that he's also an immense talent.  His (and our) second goal on Wednesday was from the top drawer.

We'll be richer but Scottish football will be poorer when he leaves.

He is a very decent striker but not very bright at the rate hes going, he'll miss every game after the split.
At least the panto villain knows what hes doing. El bufalo in a china shop.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

16 hours ago, LeeVanTeeth said:

Watching the snooker last night and saw Yuan Sijun call a foul on himself that the ref missed at a crucial time in one of the biggest games of his life.

^^^Match fixing 

16 hours ago, flood said:

this another thread about sevco?

I thought it it was going to be about Alloa.

If a player claims for an offside/throw-in/corner, when he knows it shouldn’t be, is that cheating? I think so.

I think players/managers need to start taking more responsibility and self-regulating.

Don’t get me started on this ‘professional foul’ rubbish. That’s cheating as a get-out for tactical and/or positional ineptitude, and lack of concentration.

Edited by crispy