Weather 09/02

DanMan

Blowing a gale here in the cradle of civilisataion .Don't think too many games will survive .....wee venture into the east maybe or here's hoping for a playable park atJMP
Need to see what happens tonight id imagine. The rain this morning was bad but it's been somewhat dry for the last few hours

5 minutes ago, BL2 said:
22 minutes ago, Village elder said:
Blowing a gale here in the cradle of civilisataion .Don't think too many games will survive .....wee venture into the east maybe or here's hoping for a playable park atJMP

Need to see what happens tonight id imagine. The rain this morning was bad but it's been somewhat dry for the last few hours

I think it more likely the wind will cause issues than the state of the pitches

Just now, BL2 said:
1 minute ago, DanMan said:
I think it more likely the wind will cause issues than the state of the pitches

If thats the case itll need to get a lot worse than it is the now.

The forecast is 50 mph and above for most of the West. 

Blair Park has taken a lot of rain and an inspection is planned for 9am tomorrow. I'm hearing that if there is more rain it will be very doubtful.

As far as the wind is concerned. IMO if the players can stand up, the match should be on. Of course, it spoils the game, but as long as there are no safety issues, it shouldn't cause a postponement.

14 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Blair Park has taken a lot of rain and an inspection is planned for 9am tomorrow. I'm hearing that if there is more rain it will be very doubtful.

As far as the wind is concerned. IMO if the players can stand up, the match should be on. Of course, it spoils the game, but as long as there are no safety issues, it shouldn't cause a postponement.

Maybe see you tomorrow, but I have my doubts

Wishaw High School FPs from the Central Scottish AFL Premier Division have the new 4G at Clyde Valley High School, Wishaw booked for a 1pm ko. If anybody's game's off and they fancy a friendly get in touch. Thanks.

Club social media saying pitch playable at 1600 today.
Just need to see what tonight and tomorrow morning hold weather wise. Hope the game is on and we get a good old fashioned junior cup game.

Played in a match once where the wind was so strong the goalie kicked it out and conceded a corner. The opposition pressed everyone onto out eighteen yard line so the keeper couldn’t roll it out so had to kick it. They took the corner. Goal kick. Ref binned it. I think there are times when the wind should be considered when deciding if the game goes ahead.

Played in a match once where the wind was so strong the goalie kicked it out and conceded a corner. The opposition pressed everyone onto out eighteen yard line so the keeper couldn’t roll it out so had to kick it. They took the corner. Goal kick. Ref binned it. I think there are times when the wind should be considered when deciding if the game goes ahead.
Fair enough. Sounds extreme, and obviously each situation needs to be judged on individual merit.

My take on the weather as a Larkhall Thistle supporter

A Pessimist's Prayer

Every Saturday we look to the skies
With hope in our hearts and mist in our eyes.

Can you help us, we wonder aloud
Is there hope for a team once proud?

Is there anything you can do
With all your powers, can you come through?

But we're not asking God, we're checking the skies
Park flooded, game off - it's like winning a prize!

Archived