Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

8 Bit

Guest Mick Kennedy
18 minutes ago, BarmyAmmy said:

Mick..what do you think will.happen with colville next season with you and a few players going?

They are looking at appointing someone new mate, they have spoken to a few people so hopefully someone will be appointed soon and can begin to plan for next season.  I will obv support in anyway I can mate.  

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

They are looking at appointing someone new mate, they have spoken to a few people so hopefully someone will be appointed soon and can begin to plan for next season.  I will obv support in anyway I can mate.  

Hope so. Would be a huge loss to ammy football if the colville name disappeared. Despite all the banter most normal people want to see the club keep going

Guest Mick Kennedy

Yeh I think the committee at the club are keen to keep going. It’s a great club, great facilities, the professionalism in terms of how we run it is exceptional. It would be a great club fir someone to manage, there will obv be a period of transition which is natural. As I said I will help in anyway I can going forward, but I’m sure whoever takes it won’t need my help. Plus I will be busy I think myself 

53 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Yeh I think the committee at the club are keen to keep going. It’s a great club, great facilities, the professionalism in terms of how we run it is exceptional. It would be a great club fir someone to manage, there will obv be a period of transition which is natural. As I said I will help in anyway I can going forward, but I’m sure whoever takes it won’t need my help. Plus I will be busy I think myself 

Mick , how many players are you taking with you to Darvel, and are you going to make an attempt to get kier knapp , ? 

Guest Mick Kennedy

That not been decided yet mate,  I dont want to be disrespectful to Cunny, Billy or Shortlees as I have a lot of time for them and they still have games to play. I think he’s an oustanding talent and we have a very good relationship, but he’s got a few trophies to win before the end of the season. 

Well done to hurlford on reaching semi final from all at Southside deserved winners couple sloppy goals to give defensive wise but some good finishing from the big striker especially that 2nd goal [emoji122] ,one thing for sure the Southside boys done themselves proud getting this far no one like a 6-0 defeat but we move on and hopefully put up a better show next week in 1/4's of the West
It's always nice to see someone who can lose with dignity and actually give their opponents some credit. Too little respect in all grades of football these days. Good luck in the West and your league.

3 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

That not been decided yet mate,  I dont want to be disrespectful to Cunny, Billy or Shortlees as I have a lot of time for them and they still have games to play. I think he’s an oustanding talent and we have a very good relationship, but he’s got a few trophies to win before the end of the season. 

Ok mate fair response , cheers .

48 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

What made you make the move have you been guaranteed money to spend and are they showed there ambitious enough to make them a force as they have always been darvel never been a force that i no off and never had enough cash to compete seriously at junior level 

Guest Mick Kennedy

I believe the chairmen and committee want to build the club in the right manner, they are ambitious successful business men in their own right. I think we have a chance to build a successful club, it will take time, patience, hard work and money. When I spoke to them about the structure and foundations that needs to put in place before you build a successful team, they where committed to supporting me do it the right way, but they expect success so time will tell mate 

Hope they give you enough dough to have a right good go at it. Success doesn’t come free in the juniors as you will be aware of anyways. So they need to back you with as much as they can , would personally like to see you do well. Good luck, 

Guest Mick Kennedy
6 minutes ago, The riddler said:

Hope they give you enough dough to have a right good go at it. Success doesn’t come free in the juniors as you will be aware of anyways. So they need to back you with as much as they can , would personally like to see you do well. Good luck, 

Cheers mate

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I believe the chairmen and committee want to build the club in the right manner, they are ambitious successful business men in their own right. I think we have a chance to build a successful club, it will take time, patience, hard work and money. When I spoke to them about the structure and foundations that needs to put in place before you build a successful team, they where committed to supporting me do it the right way, but they expect success so time will tell mate 

Without being nasty if you get success with them then you deserve the credit as paying players is aloud at that level then i  will eat humble pie and admit your a good manager until then the jury is out time will tell though 

It's always nice to see someone who can lose with dignity and actually give their opponents some credit. Too little respect in all grades of football these days. Good luck in the West and your league.
especially from a team that have taken a lot of stick on here

2 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

I was at darvel for a few years Mick when they had no money etc and managed to win the district league and into 1st. It's a great club and John puts the effort in to get them further. Loved my time there and have a great relationship with the fans. I wish u all the best mate and am sure u will do well just not in the semis against us when for 90 Mins or more ur a dick n al be trying to beat u haha. All the best mate KP

Guest Mick Kennedy
10 hours ago, Kingofthejungle said:

Without being nasty if you get success with them then you deserve the credit as paying players is aloud at that level then i  will eat humble pie and admit your a good manager until then the jury is out time will tell though 

I think you know my views on paying players at Colville.  The people I care bout wether am good manager or not is my players, and club. To many managers a defined by winning trophies, there are many top managers at amateur level who haven’t won majors or the top leagues but have done a great job. I look at Harestanes manager this season he’s done a great job turning them around, mainly with the same group but you can see the difference him and Connor have made on the training ground. 

Guest Mick Kennedy
9 hours ago, NewMan87 said:

I was at darvel for a few years Mick when they had no money etc and managed to win the district league and into 1st. It's a great club and John puts the effort in to get them further. Loved my time there and have a great relationship with the fans. I wish u all the best mate and am sure u will do well just not in the semis against us when for 90 Mins or more ur a dick n al be trying to beat u haha. All the best mate KP

Ha nothing wrong way that mate, there has been many  90mins across the seasons I’ve been a dick I’m sure there are many people who would testify to that. Well done yesterday mate, looking forward to the semi when it’s announced. 

Ha nothing wrong way that mate, there has been many  90mins across the seasons I’ve been a dick I’m sure there are many people who would testify to that. Well done yesterday mate, looking forward to the semi when it’s announced. 
Good luck to both teams no doubt will be a great spectacle for amature football and all the best at Darvel mick when it starts mate

Guest Mick Kennedy
2 hours ago, leftfootwand said:
2 hours ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Good luck to both teams no doubt will be a great spectacle for amature football and all the best at Darvel mick when it starts mate

Cheers mate unlucky yesterday some achievement to date in reaching the later stages of the Scottish and West. Good luck in the West mate 

Cheers mate unlucky yesterday some achievement to date in reaching the later stages of the Scottish and West. Good luck in the West mate 
Cheers mate big ask for the boys at this stage but hey ho at least we got there , it was enjoyable, don't think we had any easy ties to be honest Harestnes,Giffnock,Danderhall,Craigshill

Guest Mick Kennedy
23 minutes ago, leftfootwand said:
34 minutes ago, Mick Kennedy said:

Cheers mate big ask for the boys at this stage but hey ho at least we got there , it was enjoyable, don't think we had any easy ties to be honest Harestnes,Giffnock,Danderhall,Craigshill

Yous done superb written aff at every turn, amazing what a group mates can achieve. Loads to build on for the future 

Archived