QP v Cowden

4 hours ago, The Spider said:

Celebrate your uniqueness big al as quite possibly the only regular on P&B who doesn't realise (at the time of writing anyweay ) that QP actually own Hampden.

That still doesn’t explain why you play on it after all these years a better set up should have been sorted decades ago.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks for that. I feel almost guilty that I've highlighted big al's team are in the same trench as Clyde FC.

There but for the grace of 150 years of financial prudence go I.

Not quite the same trench,  we definitely have more morals.

2 hours ago, big al said:

That still doesn’t explain why you play on it after all these years a better set up should have been sorted decades ago.

WTF???? Read all about it, read all about it .........................team continue to play at their own ground shocker!!!!! Eh, no explanation required.

21 minutes ago, The Spider said:

WTF???? Read all about it, read all about it .........................team continue to play at their own ground shocker!!!!! Eh, no explanation required.

A stadium built for the national team and national cup finals and semis (most of them ). 

Let’s let the local amateur team cut the pitch up every 2nd week to keep the 300 and odd local fans happy that bother to turn up, and occupy less than 1 percent of the stadium.

Only in Scotland. Madness.

i haven’t been to a Cowden away game at QP for over 25 years ( it was terraced and we were running about the different sections for a laugh) and the stadium is the reason. Lesser Hampden was there all these years ago aswell but nobody has had the sense . 

If you really think it’s the right thing to play your games at Hampden then you’re just as bad as the old firm in my eyes.

11 hours ago, big al said:

A stadium built for the national team and national cup finals and semis (most of them ). 

Let’s let the local amateur team cut the pitch up every 2nd week to keep the 300 and odd local fans happy that bother to turn up, and occupy less than 1 percent of the stadium.

Only in Scotland. Madness.

i haven’t been to a Cowden away game at QP for over 25 years ( it was terraced and we were running about the different sections for a laugh) and the stadium is the reason. Lesser Hampden was there all these years ago aswell but nobody has had the sense . 

If you really think it’s the right thing to play your games at Hampden then you’re just as bad as the old firm in my eyes.

While we continue to own it we should play there.  

When August 2020 comes and the SFA own it and we move to Lesser Hampden, I will shed a tear for all the history and great times but look forward to playing in a ground that we can truly call home. If it has black and white seats and the Club crest in visible places, generates an atmosphere on match days  then that will be good enough for me.

• 1 month later...
We absolutely rattled Cowden 0-0 at Hampden. Billy Mortimer should have scored about twelve, but he's slotted into his new wing back position very well. 
We're not going down and we're not going up. Just go and play with some freedom and no pressure. We seem to have gone with that philosophy over the past couple of games and it's worked. Any win would be delightful. 

YOU ON DRUGS [emoji23][emoji23]

Archived