QP v Cowden

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Glasgow1999 said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers. 

Take it you just pay 100-200 a week ‘expenses’ then. Don’t understand the point in QP being amateur, and dont understand why they play at Hampden. 

Nothing against you at all, and not trying to ruffle feathers for an argument. It just all seems so out of touch. (Bit like the SFA maybe!)

12 hours ago, big al said:

Cheers. 

Take it you just pay 100-200 a week ‘expenses’ then. Don’t understand the point in QP being amateur, and dont understand why they play at Hampden. 

Nothing against you at all, and not trying to ruffle feathers for an argument. It just all seems so out of touch. (Bit like the SFA maybe!)

Our players only get paid genuine travelling expenses, as far as I'm aware, we have no-one travelling from London to training and the games so I doubt we have anyone on 100-200 a week 'expenses'. 

Our team has been ruffling feathers for years - they get possibly a tenner a week in expenses and yet we continually embarrass teams paying players 20 times that!

Cheers. 

Ach, I’m in the mood for a ruffle.

So who owns and operates Central Park and what is the relationship exactly between CFC and the race track guys?

Ach, I’m in the mood for a ruffle.

So who owns and operates Central Park and what is the relationship exactly between CFC and the race track guys?

Owned by Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd who also run the stock cars. Cowdenbeath FC have been their tenants since around about 2010 when they transferred ownership of the ground from CFC to Innovate - Innovate were the majority shareholders of CFC then. They later sold their majority shareholding in CFC to Donald Findlay. Both the stock car business and the football club work together harmoniously to operate Central Park - for example CFC provide the office staff at the ground, the stock cars do ground maintenance, CFC organise the internal cleaning, some bills are shared, etc.

12 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Owned by Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd who also run the stock cars. Cowdenbeath FC have been their tenants since around about 2010 when they transferred ownership of the ground from CFC to Innovate - Innovate were the majority shareholders of CFC then. They later sold their majority shareholding in CFC to Donald Findlay. Both the stock car business and the football club work together harmoniously to operate Central Park - for example CFC provide the office staff at the ground, the stock cars do ground maintenance, CFC organise the internal cleaning, some bills are shared, etc.

So in summary, CFC don't own Central Park and are owned by a Rangers fan.

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Our players only get paid genuine travelling expenses, as far as I'm aware, we have no-one travelling from London to training and the games so I doubt we have anyone on 100-200 a week 'expenses'. 

Our team has been ruffling feathers for years - they get possibly a tenner a week in expenses and yet we continually embarrass teams paying players 20 times that!

Your players get 10 pounds a week? Wow. Did not realise this. Fair play to you. Must be difficult to attract players. 

1 minute ago, big al said:

Not trolling bud, just asking.

Celebrate your uniqueness big al as quite possibly the only regular on P&B who doesn't realise (at the time of writing anyweay ) that QP actually own Hampden.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Your players get 10 pounds a week? Wow. Did not realise this. Fair play to you. Must be difficult to attract players. 

Not quite what he said big man.........................they get only travelling expenses so the ones that live further away might get more than that, whilst anyone who lives just round the corner (as the likes of Paul O'Brien did) will hardly get anything. Not too difficult to attract players when they are looking for a stage to display their talents for a future professional deal with another club, and Hampden is quite an appealing stage........................but therein lies our potential problem after next year.

Not quite what he said big man.........................they get only travelling expenses so the ones that live further away might get more than that, whilst anyone who lives just round the corner (as the likes of Paul O'Brien did) will hardly get anything. Not too difficult to attract players when they are looking for a stage to display their talents for a future professional deal with another club, and Hampden is quite an appealing stage........................but therein lies our potential problem after next year.

The attraction surely is being based at the National Stadium plus I would assume you will get good treatment in respect of travelling, meals, kit, etc. I would also assume Queens would have pretty healthy bank balances plus you can readily move on to a decent pro deal elsewhere

1 hour ago, big al said:

We are  away to Peterhead on Saturday. I don't know the true figures but it would be interesting to know the salary of Rory McAllister in comparison to the total expenses of the Queen's team. I reckon Rory gets more!

We are  away to Peterhead on Saturday. I don't know the true figures but it would be interesting to know the salary of Rory McAllister in comparison to the total expenses of the Queen's team. I reckon Rory gets more!
A couple of years ago, a Bloo Toon director told a QP director that Rory boy was on £650 a week plus bonuses. I think a Bloo Toon supporter said on P&B recently that he gets slightly less than that now.

It's a fair wad of cash for part time football but the guy generally does the business and, if they can afford it, good luck to them.

Can't see our weekly expenses bill being anywhere near half that. I did hear that a few of last year's squad claimed exactly zero for the full year as they didn't have to travel far.

4 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Thanks for that. I feel almost guilty that I've highlighted big al's team are in the same trench as Clyde FC.

There but for the grace of 150 years of financial prudence go I.

3 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Possibly 

Archived