QP v Cowden

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The first challenge on Galt looked a likelier penalty than the one he got. The whole incident with the instruction passed from the bench at the penalty, the booking for the way it was passed on and the ball nestling in the back of the net was hilarious.

I thought it put the keeper off. I was raging.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The first challenge on Galt looked a likelier penalty than the one he got. The whole incident with the instruction passed from the bench at the penalty, the booking for the way it was passed on and the ball nestling in the back of the net was hilarious.

You really should get out more 

I was at a different game too. Gow’s a good dancer but his impact on the game is virtually non-existent. Check his career stats. Hasn’t scored a goal in five years. Billy’s Boots.

McKernon is too slow for a sweeper. As soon as the oppos get possession he drops very deep to compensate for his lack of pace. The cameras might prove me wrong but if he’d been closer to Gerry the goal might not have come. As it was, he had the guy on his wrong foot but somehow let him tee it up on his stronger foot.

That said, we had loads of shots on target. Keeper had two real saves but mostly had the ball hit straight at him.

As for the midfield, the two in the middle got very little support from Gow and Galt. Gow barely came into his own half for the last 30 mins and when he lost possession he just let players run away. He’s a good passer and great close control but not a team player. Maybe if he scores he’ll relax but the way he shoots that might be a while coming.

We beat Cowden at everything today but not in the goals. Back to earth again.

Absolute nonsense

Absolute nonsense

Nonsense?

Hasn't scored in 5 years. Fact.

Jambo was much deeper than his defence. Fact. At least 20 metres. Watch the highlights.

We had loads of shots. Check the stats above. Fact.

We did better than Cowden. Check the stats. Fact.

If the nonsense is absolute, that must mean I'm wrong about Gow's close control and passing. Or did I get that bit right?

Did you know he had two trial games with Stirling just before coming to us and they knocked him back. Wonder what they saw that you can't. Tick, tock.

Nonsense?

Hasn't scored in 5 years. Fact.

Jambo was much deeper than his defence. Fact. At least 20 metres. Watch the highlights.

We had loads of shots. Check the stats above. Fact.

We did better than Cowden. Check the stats. Fact.

If the nonsense is absolute, that must mean I'm wrong about Gow's close control and passing. Or did I get that bit right?

Did you know he had two trial games with Stirling just before coming to us and they knocked him back. Wonder what they saw that you can't. Tick, tock.

You didn't do better than Cowden - it was a draw! You haven't scored a goal from open play v Cowden in 270 minutes and haven't won any of the 3 games. Those are the true stats

reviewing the highlights. The penalty is ridiculous and its pypers wholehearted approach to the way he plays which means he gives away these kind of penaltys/free kicks. Im with muzz on this. He gives 100% and doesnt hide. He has really good pace but positionally he is all over the place. Back up centre half for me. GK looked good and assured. Our goal was a great bit of play from henvey with a good bit of pace and composure. 

We will come up short for 4th place but overall I think come the end of the season we have to say Bollan done a good job. He is building  and I can foresee us potentially being able to get better next season for sure.

I'd have to disagree that Gow isn't a team player, but I simply don't think he has the legs to be starting games every week. A lot of games at this level are battles and he doesn't really have the attributes required for that sort of contest. He's ideal if we're going to totally dominate in an attacking sense, but that won't happen very often. 

I dare say his experience and technical ability will be helping around the squad. I do think there's a place for him, but I wouldn't think it'd be against the likes of Peterhead at Balmoor.

On 09/02/2019 at 19:09, williebraveheart said:

Could not understand Summers for Mortimer unless Billy was injured. 

I think Billy was just knackered and no wonder the effort he put in up and down the flank . ..and that was a nice bit of play from Summers in the build up to the penalty

On 10/02/2019 at 23:32, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Berwick game aside (where everyone played their part well) do you not think Gow had a good game against Stirling? I thought he did, especially the second half

Just watched the highlights. 

A penalty out of absolutely nothing. That boils my blood. A total gift of a goal. 

Have to play with your head in those situations. Play smart, play the odds, they’re not going to score. It’s probably going out for a bye kick so just jockey him.

Ridiculous.

4 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Berwick game aside (where everyone played their part well) do you not think Gow had a good game against Stirling? I thought he did, especially the second half

He had half a game at Stirling.  He's a good passer, when he passes, and very good at close control. He also has a remarkable ability to not get the ball knicked from his feet.  Clearly a confident ball player. Easily argue that's all skills we don't see too often.

Everytime he gets near the box he wants to just shoot. Nothing wrong with that if you have a chance (or a decent whip) but he wants to shoot even if there's a defender two feet in front of him. In most cases there's a better option available with a pass. On Saturday he had 3 of the seven shots at goal, none of them was troubling for the keeper. Most efforts don't get past the first defender. As for his experience, I've watched him off the ball and haven't seen him yet coaching or supporting others around him. By stark contrast, guys like Gibby, Jordan and Gerry are always  reminding those around them what's to be done, and every body in the neighbourhood knows it.  In any walk of life experience shared helps the greater good. 

I'd expect a guy at his stage of his career to enjoy his game, help where he can and make the most of what's left - give something back. His main focus to me is Alan Gow getting on the score sheet.  If it's not adding to anything for Queen's Park we'd be as well giving more play time to a youngster who'll most likely be with us next year. We're not going up or down so it makes sense for Mark to  build for next year and if Gow can make a contribution to that, good and well. I just don't see it panning out like that at the moment. 

I really hope he breaks his duck on Saturday and he might settle and use the skills he's got to better the team.  We'll need all the help going to win up there.

44 minutes ago, big al said:

Just watched the highlights. 

A penalty out of absolutely nothing. That boils my blood. A total gift of a goal. 

Have to play with your head in those situations. Play smart, play the odds, they’re not going to score. It’s probably going out for a bye kick so just jockey him.

Ridiculous.

Glad you weren't at the game.  Trying to mop up boiling blood means overtime for the stewards. Can't afford that, what with all the expenses and stuff.

Archived