QP v Cowden

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every set piece he has his arms wrapped around an opposition player. Shouldn’t be a first choice.

He never looks at winning the ball when players are running towards him always goes for a shoulder to shoulder challenge got done a fair few times today with it.

I’m far from Pyper’s biggest fan but he gives his all for us and I don’t want to jump in and criticise him however he’s not good enough for this level sadly. Happy to have him as a back up but we can’t start with him consistently. 

I thought we had control for most of the game and deserved to win. On some occasions our finishing was woeful, other times we just did not get the break of the ball. My biggest disappointment was our midfield. They did not turn up today and were lucky to be even second to the ball. Could not understand Summers for Mortimer unless Billy was injured. We are carrying McKernon's carelessness at the moment and he really needs to tighten up. His ball control was very lax. He just looks uncomfortable which is not like him. However we did not lose and a few weeks ago we would have so all in all there is hope. MacLean is a revelation at left wing back. Thought he was excellent.

I thought we had control for most of the game and deserved to win. On some occasions our finishing was woeful, other times we just did not get the break of the ball. My biggest disappointment was our midfield. They did not turn up today and were lucky to be even second to the ball. Could not understand Summers for Mortimer unless Billy was injured. We are carrying McKernon's carelessness at the moment and he really needs to tighten up. His ball control was very lax. He just looks uncomfortable which is not like him. However we did not lose and a few weeks ago we would have so all in all there is hope. MacLean is a revelation at left wing back. Thought he was excellent.

Must have been watching a different game mckernan has been great playing his new position.

41 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Also robbie buchanan must be tremendous in training to start every week, been a passenger past few games now especially playing in middle three and keeping Malcom on the bench

Our team selection is bizzare at times.

Must have been watching a different game mckernan has been great playing his new position.

I was at a different game too. Gow’s a good dancer but his impact on the game is virtually non-existent. Check his career stats. Hasn’t scored a goal in five years. Billy’s Boots.

McKernon is too slow for a sweeper. As soon as the oppos get possession he drops very deep to compensate for his lack of pace. The cameras might prove me wrong but if he’d been closer to Gerry the goal might not have come. As it was, he had the guy on his wrong foot but somehow let him tee it up on his stronger foot.

That said, we had loads of shots on target. Keeper had two real saves but mostly had the ball hit straight at him.

As for the midfield, the two in the middle got very little support from Gow and Galt. Gow barely came into his own half for the last 30 mins and when he lost possession he just let players run away. He’s a good passer and great close control but not a team player. Maybe if he scores he’ll relax but the way he shoots that might be a while coming.

We beat Cowden at everything today but not in the goals. Back to earth again.

8 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I was at a different game too. Gow’s a good dancer but his impact on the game is virtually non-existent. Check his career stats. Hasn’t scored a goal in five years. Billy’s Boots.

McKernon is too slow for a sweeper. As soon as the oppos get possession he drops very deep to compensate for his lack of pace. The cameras might prove me wrong but if he’d been closer to Gerry the goal might not have come. As it was, he had the guy on his wrong foot but somehow let him tee it up on his stronger foot.

That said, we had loads of shots on target. Keeper had two real saves but mostly had the ball hit straight at him.

As for the midfield, the two in the middle got very little support from Gow and Galt. Gow barely came into his own half for the last 30 mins and when he lost possession he just let players run away. He’s a good passer and great close control but not a team player. Maybe if he scores he’ll relax but the way he shoots that might be a while coming.

We beat Cowden at everything today but not in the goals. Back to earth again.

Gow winning mom, there must have been good beer flowing in hospitality, game was there for the taking,  should have changed system earlier 

Overall I thought a draw was fair enough but still a bummer to lose 2 points to such a late penalty. 2  pretty boring draws this season at Hampden Queen's knock the ball about well at times but have no real end product to show for it sums up how bad Berwick have become shipping 7 to them.

Next weeks game is really a must win with Annan if we are to have any chance to reach a play off although at the start of the season most would have been happy with mid table obscurity which we may very well end up with.

43 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Overall I thought a draw was fair enough but still a bummer to lose 2 points to such a late penalty. 2  pretty boring draws this season at Hampden Queen's knock the ball about well at times but have no real end product to show for it sums up how bad Berwick have become shipping 7 to them.

Next weeks game is really a must win with Annan if we are to have any chance to reach a play off although at the start of the season most would have been happy with mid table obscurity which we may very well end up with.

A play off would be great, but mid table obscurity is great for once 

Archived