QP v Cowden

Looking forward to our return to action especially at the scene of the gubbing dished out to Berwick. Hopefully a win and a move up the table. The team selection will be interesting but can we afford to change what was a bold and effective team?

I see us going one better than last time: QP 8 Cowden 1.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We absolutely rattled Cowden 0-0 at Hampden. Billy Mortimer should have scored about twelve, but he's slotted into his new wing back position very well. 

We're not going down and we're not going up. Just go and play with some freedom and no pressure. We seem to have gone with that philosophy over the past couple of games and it's worked. Any win would be delightful. 

2 hours ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Back to action for us too, hopefully no Hampden hoodoo!!! If we play like we played against the gers in the second half well take all 3 points !! But will Bolan pick a totally different line up again ?? Will Swann get a start?? 

We have the players to win this  !!! 

We can definitely play like we did second half against Sevco, but Bollan has to start picking our best team. Why does he persist with the wrong line up?

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I think the weather will be the winner. Horrible forecast.

It had crossed my mind, but it takes really grim stuff to see a game called off at Hampden. The drainage is good and the wind is supposed to die down to gusty in the afternoon. When was the last time we had a postponement at Hampden? It's probably more recent than I think, but just can't remember. 

57 minutes ago, an86 said:

It had crossed my mind, but it takes really grim stuff to see a game called off at Hampden. The drainage is good and the wind is supposed to die down to gusty in the afternoon. When was the last time we had a postponement at Hampden? It's probably more recent than I think, but just can't remember. 

Cannae mind exactly who it was against but was it not called off due to some pish about the approaches to the stadium being unsafe for punters due to snow and ice?  

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Wasn't thinking in terms of postponement, more that the weather will totally spoil the game for both teams. Mistakes and dealing with the wind could make it a farce.

Yes, there was a postponement due to the heating not being turned on in the dim and distant past.

Archived