Albion Roves v Elgin City

I see Elgin have signed Ross McIver on loan from Ross County. He is described as an attacking midfielder. Not sure this is what we need but welcome to Elgin Ross. Is this game likely to be on as a lot of rain forecast Friday and Saturday in the central belt ?

14 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Or not.
Darryl McHardy hat-trick. Well done boy!
Attendance 183.

I'm not disappointed, just wouldn't have bet the mortgage on City winning!

I'm guessing that probably summed up where Rovers are at the moment. It wasn't that Elgin were spectacular and (first-half especially) nor were Rovers that bad, but Elgin pretty much strolled to a comfortable victory  without needing to work that hard. Fair play to big Darryl McHardy bagging a hat-trick too - his free-kick was an absolute screamer. 

PJ Morrison aside (despite conceding three he looked better than anyone we've had between the posts this season) there just looks to be very little quality at all in the Albion Rovers squad. It must be extremely frustrating knowing that, despite how much of a disaster this season has been, a couple of wins drags Berwick right back into it - but even winning one game looks a big ask for that group of players. 

All the best to both sides for the rest of the season. I really hope Kevin Harper can turn things around at Cliftonhill, but today relegation felt somewhat inevitable (just as it does for Dumbarton :()

The Rovers second half trialist looked to me like Ryan Tierney, who has just left Accies. He had a good chance right away but his shot shaved the post from a tight angle. A different game had that went in. Ryan has been a standout at U20 level, scoring many goals and scored two for Airdrie at Cliftonhill last season. Not sure why he didn't make more appearances for them. 

Rovers just have no quality in midfield. Young Wilson looked decent, cracking shot that I admit I thought just hit the post but a corner was given so credit to the keeper. Newell has good feet but is a bit of a lightweight. 

Three times I've watched Rovers this season and I've yet to see them score. Scandalous what has been allowed to happen after the many cup windfalls. I think you are doomed and only 150 or so folk cared enough to go. Crowd was 183 and I think Elgin had about twenty.

14 hours ago, Owsley said:

The Rovers second half trialist looked to me like Ryan Tierney, who has just left Accies. He had a good chance right away but his shot shaved the post from a tight angle. A different game had that went in. Ryan has been a standout at U20 level, scoring many goals and scored two for Airdrie at Cliftonhill last season. Not sure why he didn't make more appearances for them. 

Rovers just have no quality in midfield. Young Wilson looked decent, cracking shot that I admit I thought just hit the post but a corner was given so credit to the keeper. Newell has good feet but is a bit of a lightweight. 

Three times I've watched Rovers this season and I've yet to see them score. Scandalous what has been allowed to happen after the many cup windfalls. I think you are doomed and only 150 or so folk cared enough to go. Crowd was 183 and I think Elgin had about twenty.

Pretty much on the money this post.

Rovers threatened in the first quarter of the game Wilson hitting the post. Again a soft opening goal seals our fate everytime.

Berwick maybe catchable but what Rovers fan can say that is possible with heavy home defeats like this. Cove and EK must be rubbing their hands.

Guest joe hunter
On 10/02/2019 at 16:40, Hampden Diehard said:

183 at the game? I fear for the Rovers. Very sad to see this lack of enthusiasm for them from the locals.

I thought I read attendance 103, maybe a misprint. You get bigger crowds at local derbies at amateur games.

Archived