Peterhead vs Edinburgh City

Poor game spoiled by the wind which made it a lottery for both teams. Peterhead had zero attempts on target whilst Edinburgh City managed one. A draw was probably a fair result and with Clyde also drawing it’s no change at the top of the table. We must win next week at home to Queens Park or I fear it’s going to be the same as last season with a play off place at the end of the season .

The wind was a factor in this game , but , if Peterhead want to win this league there has to be a hell of an attitude change...Home game  against a good team and league rival and i honestly cannot remember  their keeper having to make a save..The 2 games against Cowdenbeath are now massive ,..

tbf I think Peterhead had chances.. but they seemed to be mostly ballooned in the direction of Cruden Bay. It was certainly a wind affected game although I was glad one D. Lyle ESQ was on the bench today and didn't start. 

To sum up: 

Wind

Decent Pie

No bad game, could have been a worse spectacle

Match Officials were OK

Bloo Toon fans a decent enough bunch

Nice sunset at the end

5c5f70305e126_phfp1.thumb.jpg.ddbe2a620481e5d521ffc48daf50d2fd.jpg

Clyde (boo!) for the League then.. :barf

17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

tbf I think Peterhead  had chances.. but they seemed to be mostly ballooned in the direction of Cruden Bay. It was certainly a wind affected game although I was glad one D. Lyle ESQ was on the bench today and didn't start. 

To sum up: 

Wind. Check.

Decent Pie. Check

No bad game, could have been a worse spectacle. Really couldn't have been much worse.

Match Officials were OK. Officials were terrible albeit for both sides. Missed several hand balls and overly physical challenges.

Bloo Toon fans a decent enough bunch. Check.

Nice sunset at the end. Says it all when the best thing about a game is watching the sun go down.

Both sides appeared afraid to lose. Neither team just wanted to go for it.

McAllister and Henderson on the pitch and one shot on target in the whole game. Not just from them, from everyone.

6 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Worst game in history? Discuss.

I've seen worse... 

In fact I've seen a game in windier conditions played on Stirling's old plastic pitch at Annfield that would have had football stopped....! 

33 minutes ago, blueone said:

Both sides appeared afraid to lose. Neither team just wanted to go for it.

This stands to reason, given who's creeping up behind them. 

33 minutes ago, blueone said:

Bloo Toon fans a decent enough bunch.

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Bloo Toon fans a decent enough bunch

I didn't realise this was a popularity contest. 

7 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

A 6hr round trip to watch a goalless draw in an absolute hoolie. #scottishfootball

Spare a thought (if you have the capacity) for those who follow PFC, Elgin, Annan and indeed Berwick who've done at least this, every other week, for decades now, and for absolutely f**k-all. I'm guessing you'd not have bothered if Edinburgh were in their rightful spot (8th) in the league, if all you can do is moan 

Spare a thought (if you have the capacity) for those who follow PFC, Elgin, Annan and indeed Berwick who've done this for decades now, for absolutely f**k-all. I'm guessing you'd not have bothered if Edinburgh were in their rightful spot (8th) in the league, if all you can do is moan 

Actually that was meant affectionately to Scottish football as a joke but whatever floats your boat buddy.

A bit disappointed we did not have a real go at Edinburgh yesterday as the game wore on we just ended up punting the ball back to them most of the time, yes it was breezy but nothing like what we have had at times & it was possible to play football in it. Although they did not have any match changing decisions to make Roncombe comes across as another Dallas wanabee & usually just frustrates players, Gary Hilland on the main stand side realised a few years back he was incapable of being a ref & handed in his whistle his next step should be to do the same with his flag as he struggles to see things a couple yards away from him.

On another note quite interesting to read Rory McAllistars take on staying part-time despite plenty offers to move back full time, Blair Henderson also has a bit on the same subject. It make a nice change to read something in the Sunday Mail rather than all the ugly sister news. 

27 minutes ago, Bay Citizen said:

Actually that was meant affectionately to Scottish football as a joke but whatever floats your boat buddy.

Nice pun!! 

I too was jesting, that three of the named four haven't ever seen top-spot, and the one exception seem to find ways of fucking it up. I'd be a hypocrite if i wasn't joking, as i only went to Balmoor in August because i believed we'd win. And only missed January 5th's match due to a work mix-up. You get no thanks following shite teams in this game, until you hit the deck. 

26 minutes ago, peternapper said:

A bit disappointed we did not have a real go at Edinburgh yesterday as the game wore on we just ended up punting the ball back to them most of the time, yes it was breezy but nothing like what we have had at times & it was possible to play football in it. Although they did not have any match changing decisions to make Roncombe comes across as another Dallas wanabee & usually just frustrates players, Gary Hilland on the main stand side realised a few years back he was incapable of being a ref & handed in his whistle his next step should be to do the same with his flag as he struggles to see things a couple yards away from him.

On another note quite interesting to read Rory McAllistars take on staying part-time despite plenty offers to move back full time, Blair Henderson also has a bit on the same subject. It make a nice change to read something in the Sunday Mail rather than all the ugly sister news. 

An interesting comparison, Napper, McAllister and Henderson. A major difference surely being that BH never really was a 'full time professional', having skulked about in L2, rather averagely too until this season, since Dunfermline papped him. He's having a great season now, of course, but i wouldn't put him in the R-Mac bracket for knocking back moves to FT should they arise.

There is obviously only one reason why only a select group of clubs could turn McAllister's head if he were good enough, with him having a lucrative job and being the highest paid player in the bottom two divisions simultaneously. He's obviously very happy doing what he is, but he's never going to achieve any dreams at Balmoor, and likewise, if your top players are all as content as he is, Peterhead will never achieve theirs, either. There appears a lack of hunger, through indulgence of these 'stars' at Balmoor, in my eyes.

I know none of you like Clyde in the slightest, and i can assure you that it's fully reciprocated, but personally if we were not as driven, focussed and absolutely busting a nut to get ourselves promoted, by players wanting to better themselves through success, and in Rankin and Goodie's cases, the chance to win a first League medal, i'd be the first demanding a change in personnel. And i'd be saying that, whichever of the three divisions we've called "home" over the years we were in. And it's why i think we'll absolutely romp this title. 

Archived