Forgotten Players

NorthernLights

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julius Agahowa

Best remembered for his six backflip celebration at the 2002 world cup. The Nigerian spent 7 years with Shakhtar Donetsk before moving to Wigan. Spells in Turkey & a return to Ukraine followed. Last had a club in 2012 & retired the following year.

Mido

Egyptian striker who played in Egypt, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy & England with Spurs, Wigan, West Ham & Middlesborough. Finished his playing career in 2013 with Barnsley. Has since held management & backroom roles in Egypt, Belgium & Saudi Arabia where he currently manages Al Wehda.

23 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
50 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
To Madeira. I signed him for Falkirk on a free transfer in 2001 and he scored 63 goals in his first season.
Sold to AC Milan for £6m + Ambrosini. Wonder what he’s doing now ?

Not sure if serious. He never actually existed.

You're not sure if a poster on Pie and Bovril signed a player for Falkirk who scored 63 goals and was sold for £6m?

You're not sure if a poster on Pie and Bovril signed a player for Falkirk who scored 63 goals and was sold for £6m?
I'm not sure who is potentially whoosing who but I'm assuming you've not previously heard of him.

He was a player (non regen) who was a youngster at the start of the game in Football Manager 01/02. He played with a lowly Portuguese club, could be signed cheaply for almost any club and scored tons at any level. He was invented by one of the game's scouts and sneaked into the game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 22:56, NorthernLights said:

After reading about QPR reaching the 5th round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1997 I was reminded of Adel Taarabt for some reason. 

I discovered he has been at Benfica since 2015 and to blunt has little to show for his time there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adel_Taarabt#Benfica

Nearly 1400 days after signing him Benfica finally give Taarabt a game.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/11680305/adel-taarabt-makes-benfica-debut-nearly-four-years-after-signing-from-qpr

Does Winston Bogarde count? Signed for Chelsea on a ridiculous contract and was almost immediately told he wasn't needed, knew he wouldn't get anything like the same salary elsewhere so refused to leave and saw out his 4 years without hardly ever kicking a ball. According to wikipedia he played about 200 senior games over a 16 year career.

On 2/15/2019 at 19:51, GNU_Linux said:

Mido

Egyptian striker who played in Egypt, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Italy & England with Spurs, Wigan, West Ham & Middlesborough. Finished his playing career in 2013 with Barnsley. Has since held management & backroom roles in Egypt, Belgium & Saudi Arabia where he currently manages Al Wehda.

Sacked a couple of weeks ago & now faces possible flagellation due to insulting a Saudi Arabian national (criminal offense) via Social Media.  

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8675811/tottenham-star-mido-faces-flogging-saudi-arabia-insulting-twitter/

Archived