• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
tbsouth

Forfar v Airdrie Bankies

19 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Agreed. Joke of a thread. Can we all discuss the match now please?

Bundles of laughter you are....Coupe and Murray with the goals in a fine 2-0 victory.

48 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Judging by the wind i would suggest you keep a tight hold of the Union Jacks tomorrow.

Haha! Staunchness...I see the club shop do Airdrie Union Jack pin badges! :thumsup2

Haha! Staunchness...I see the club shop do Airdrie Union Jack pin badges! :thumsup2
Is that because Airdrie will be all at sea tomorrow ? If not they are Union Flag pin badges.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Is that because Airdrie will be all at sea tomorrow ? If not they are Union Flag pin badges.

Heard that several times before, but: 

'It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.'

Source: https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/

'It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.'
Source: https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/
Fair enough. I think we have sailed far enough off topic now though..

11 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
50 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Fair enough. I think we have sailed far enough off topic now though..

Love the pun! I have never been to Forfar, not sure how much I'm missing, but would be good one year to visit all the grounds and towns. 

Is there an inspection planned for this at all? That wind is ferocious and I'd hope that come 1:00pm if its in doubt, they'd just call it rather than hold off to see if it "dies down".

Is there an inspection planned for this at all? That wind is ferocious and I'd hope that come 1:00pm if its in doubt, they'd just call it rather than hold off to see if it "dies down".
Not in Forfar but its 7pm before it drops below 40mph according to my forecast app.

Not in Forfar but its 7pm before it drops below 40mph according to my forecast app.
Tough one to call then, I think if it starts, its got to go the distance then as conditions won't ease off.

21 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Only just started taking an interest in Airdrie, but surely too soon to write off the club's play-off chances already?! 

we've taken 1 point from the last two games against truly pish opposition.

we just can't trust this set of players to perform on any kind of consistent basis.

And so endeth our season.  I wonder if Murray has a dressing room crisis with players that know they have no future with the club just deciding to go through the motions

Will take a lot more than Murray to make a team out of that dross  ,would not matter if you got them super fit they are clueless as a team on the park !!

Wasn’t at the match and can’t comment about today. However, I’m beginning to have concerns as to whether Murray is as good as some folk make him out to be. I 100% accept that’s it’s not his team and that we seem to be stuck for the foreseeable future with well paid players who are simply not good enough. Murray certainly seems to have improved our defence but there are other things which concern me. Like Findlay, he puts out a different team each week although injuries might explain some of this. My main concern is that he seems to operate with only one striker. I am annoyed that Vitoria was sent out on loan. He was our only player capable of creating any excitement. There is some suggestion that there may be an attitude problem with him but he’s hardly had a look in since Murray came. I can’t agree with Duffy not starting. Ok, he’s getting on a bit but he’s the best shooter we have by a country mile. I also wouldn’t have dropped Carrick. His form has fallen because he is not scoring goals but he needs to play to get his confidence back. His work rate is superb. He certainly won’t get his confidence back sitting on his backside.

Up to third and level on points with Raith -- what a job Weirs doing eh?

100%. Very mature performance today.

Up to third and level on points with Raith -- what a job Weirs doing eh?
And Arbroath at Raith on Sat. Interesting times !

Solid performance today and a great result. Well done to the Loons. Nothing to fear from anyone in the league. Roll on Montrose next week.