Forfar v Airdrie Bankies

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
5 minutes ago, G_&_T said:
Haha! Staunchness...I see the club shop do Airdrie Union Jack pin badges! :thumsup2

Is that because Airdrie will be all at sea tomorrow ? If not they are Union Flag pin badges.

Heard that several times before, but: 

'It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.'

Source: https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/

'It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag”.'
Source: https://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/british-flags/the-union-jack-or-the-union-flag/
Fair enough. I think we have sailed far enough off topic now though..

11 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
50 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Fair enough. I think we have sailed far enough off topic now though..

Love the pun! I have never been to Forfar, not sure how much I'm missing, but would be good one year to visit all the grounds and towns. 

Is there an inspection planned for this at all? That wind is ferocious and I'd hope that come 1:00pm if its in doubt, they'd just call it rather than hold off to see if it "dies down".
Not in Forfar but its 7pm before it drops below 40mph according to my forecast app.

21 hours ago, G_&_T said:

Only just started taking an interest in Airdrie, but surely too soon to write off the club's play-off chances already?! 

we've taken 1 point from the last two games against truly pish opposition.

we just can't trust this set of players to perform on any kind of consistent basis.

Wasn’t at the match and can’t comment about today. However, I’m beginning to have concerns as to whether Murray is as good as some folk make him out to be. I 100% accept that’s it’s not his team and that we seem to be stuck for the foreseeable future with well paid players who are simply not good enough. Murray certainly seems to have improved our defence but there are other things which concern me. Like Findlay, he puts out a different team each week although injuries might explain some of this. My main concern is that he seems to operate with only one striker. I am annoyed that Vitoria was sent out on loan. He was our only player capable of creating any excitement. There is some suggestion that there may be an attitude problem with him but he’s hardly had a look in since Murray came. I can’t agree with Duffy not starting. Ok, he’s getting on a bit but he’s the best shooter we have by a country mile. I also wouldn’t have dropped Carrick. His form has fallen because he is not scoring goals but he needs to play to get his confidence back. His work rate is superb. He certainly won’t get his confidence back sitting on his backside.

Archived