Team of the Season (so far)

10 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Donaldson was horrendous with us but that was probably due in part to him being partnered with another inexperienced centre half in front of an inexperienced goalie.

His slip to deny Cammy Bell beating Hamish Macalpine’s record after a few minutes on the park is one of the funniest/tragic moments I can recall.

I have seen him playing subsequent to leaving us and have been impressed.

Tbh I don't think Donaldson was even on the pitch for a minute when that happened. It's frankly an amazing f**k-up even without the context with McAlpine's record.

Donaldson was absolutely terrible for us for over two years. If anything he got even worse and increasingly disinterested after we got relegated, hence the incredulity/bemusement from United fans when ICT fans heap praise on him.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder where Zak Rudden fits in to the best of the rest though.... Until last week he has dragged us along kicking and screaming with his goals. 
Who else would be in the chasing pack for strikers? 

He’s an absolute c*** to play against. Winds players and fans up to f**k. One of those players that you HATE to play against, but absolutely love to have in your team. Would take him at QoS in a heartbeat

Wonder where Zak Rudden fits in to the best of the rest though.... Until last week he has dragged us along kicking and screaming with his goals. 
Who else would be in the chasing pack for strikers? 

He’s an absolute c*** to play against. Winds players and fans up to f**k. One of those players that you HATE to play against, but absolutely love to have in your team. Would take him at QoS in a heartbeat

They must teach it at the *** academy. He is ALWAYS at the ref. Every time the whistle goes he is in the refs ear

We have a good record for turning supposedly shite players into good ones. Donaldson, Ridgers, McKay, Rooney, Welsh, Chalmers and Austin came with a reputation of being shite. All of them are fairly regular features in a team that has been in the play-offs all season.
Austin didnt have a reputation of being shite. He was known to be having a shite season and arguably had a shite attitude.

19 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Brad McKay Danny Devine Shaun Rooney and Ryan Williamson back four.

19 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

We have a good record of turning shite players into good players, but Devine and McKay were both just a step too far. They’ll forever be shite.

Tarmo is this a claim that ICT might have turned Rooney into a good player.  Now that would be something :o 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Sean Welsh has been excellent for us too.  Does the role nobody notices on the park too.  The 'Russell Duncan role' I like to call it.

He was a fine servant for Caley, but oh boy was he useless in his short tme at County. ((Russell Duncan))

He wouldn't be close to being in the mix, the top two strikers are clearly Shankland and Dobbie, no one is in the mix with those two. 

Depends how the SPFL set the team out. I’m pretty sure in recent years it’s always been 1 goalie, 4 defenders (2 full backs and 2 centre backs, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards.

Even then Zanatta wouldn’t get close. Only McKay can really be considered to go alongside Shankland or Dobbie.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Zaltan said:
Shankland and Dobbie to start I agree Zanatta as a sub

McKay Safranko and Rudden go in before Zanatta on any bench, not that I dont like Zanatta, just the way it is

Was about to post exactly that. 

Archived