Team of the Season (so far)

Only if Ayr totally implode can McCall not be manager of the year, the only other option would be Goodwin.

Other than Mullin and Lindsay, not enough of County's squad would even be close to team of the year despite being top. It's been functional football from us.  Has anyone nominated Declan McDaid? What I've seen of him has been pretty decent.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only if Ayr totally implode can McCall not be manager of the year, the only other option would be Goodwin.
Other than Mullin and Lindsay, not enough of County's squad would even be close to team of the year despite being top. It's been functional football from us.  Has anyone nominated Declan McDaid? What I've seen of him has been pretty decent.

McDaids 3 best games this season have come against Dundee United. He’s not be consistent enough and even last season he went missing for a few months and turned up towards the end of the season.

When he’s on form he can be unplayable but we don’t see enough of it yet. Hopefully the added competition in Cadden and Miller makes him up his game.

20 hours ago, Comrie said:

Ross Draper has been County's best player this season, I'd argue.

12 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

ICT are underated as a side. Last time laughed at Shaun Rooney he scored against us.

Strange that. I think Pars fans seem to overrate them. They seem to have quite a few really shite players like Rooney, White and Brad McKay. It's levelled out a wee bit with some old Premier league players but generally look weak.

Jackson Longridge shouldn' t be in team of the year. Been a liability for a while. The boy can't defend. Poor positioning and dives into tackles. I would try pushing him up as he's decent on the ball and can carry it. Threat around the box too.

46 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Strange that. I think Pars fans seem to overrate them. They seem to have quite a few really shite players like Rooney, White and Brad McKay. It's levelled out a wee bit with some old Premier league players but generally look weak.

Jackson Longridge shouldn' t be in team of the year. Been a liability for a while. The boy can't defend. Poor positioning and dives into tackles. I would try pushing him up as he's decent on the ball and can carry it. Threat around the box too.

Did you just type that without a hint of irony?  

If not, you've just made D.A.F.C's point for him/her.   

16 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Coll Donaldson is nailed on to be in this. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn’t watched him, is clueless, or is one of those weird Dundee United fans that refuses to accept he’s good.

Or, Donaldson's just really pish.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Ross Draper has been County's best player this season, I'd argue.

Draper's been a bit hit or miss for me but considering he's played a chunk of the seasonout of position, I'd argue that's a decent shout.

17 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Coll Donaldson is nailed on to be in this. Anyone who says otherwise either hasn’t watched him, is clueless, or is one of those weird Dundee United fans that refuses to accept he’s good.

Donaldson was horrendous with us but that was probably due in part to him being partnered with another inexperienced centre half in front of an inexperienced goalie.

His slip to deny Cammy Bell beating Hamish Macalpine’s record after a few minutes on the park is one of the funniest/tragic moments I can recall.

I have seen him playing subsequent to leaving us and have been impressed.

Hardly worth discussing strikers since Shankland are way out in front Dobbie are. 

Wonder where Zak Rudden fits in to the best of the rest though.... Until last week he has dragged us along kicking and screaming with his goals. 

Who else would be in the chasing pack for strikers? 

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

ICT are underated as a side. Last time laughed at Shaun Rooney he scored against us.

That’s the opposite view from mine. I can only base it on four games though....three games against us, and the televised game v Ayr.

The beat us 0-1 at TFS first game of the season. We were an absolute joke outfit that day, and actually had a decent equaliser ruled out. I thought ICT were only marginally better than our pitiful team. Then we beat them at their place while still having a team packed with absolute duffers. That’s the only time I would say Lady Luck was not shining brightly on ICT. 

The 2-2 draw with us, and their 2-3 win at Ayr we’re down to four examples of defending that you’d expect to see in schools football. But for those four gift wrapped goals, they’d have lost both matches. Life is full of ifs I guess, but those were four absolute howlers.

Clearly we can only go by what you see, and in my case, I thought they were pretty ordinary. For me, a better side last season than this.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hardly worth discussing strikers since Shankland are way out in front Dobbie are. 

Wonder where Zak Rudden fits in to the best of the rest though.... Until last week he has dragged us along kicking and screaming with his goals. 

Who else would be in the chasing pack for strikers? 

Bairnardo, your opening sentence....is that a Yoda quote?

Archived