Team of the Season (so far)

I saw this discussion floating around on Twitter earlier today about the team of the season so far this season and thought I’d bring it forward to the P&B masses. You’re welcome.

Wee while away until the official team is decided but I’d think 2 or 3 of the positions are already decided. I’ll try not to be too biased but here’s my pick.

Ross Doohan (Ayr)

Liam Smith (Ayr)

Col Donaldson (ICT)

Michael Rose (Ayr)

Jackson Longridge (Dunfermline)

Josh Mullin (Ross County)

Iain Flannigan (Alloa)

Jamie Lindsay (Ross County)

Josh Todd (QOTS)

Stephen Dobbie (QOTS)

Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I saw this discussion floating around on Twitter earlier today about the team of the season so far this season and thought I’d bring it forward to the P&B masses. You’re welcome.

Wee while away until the official team is decided but I’d think 2 or 3 of the positions are already decided. I’ll try not to be too biased but here’s my pick.

Ross Doohan (Ayr)

Liam Smith (Ayr)

Col Donaldson (ICT)

Michael Rose (Ayr)

Iain Flannigan (Alloa)

Josh Todd (QOTS)

Stephen Dobbie (QOTS)

Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)

Dobbie????? Heh heh! Now there's a surprise! Wonder how many submit a team WITHOUT him in it! 

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ross Doohan (Ayr)

Liam Smith (Ayr)

Col Donaldson (ICT)

Michael Rose (Ayr)

Iain Flannigan (Alloa)

Josh Todd (QOTS)

Stephen Dobbie (QOTS)

Lawrence Shankland (Ayr)

Not so sure about Josh Todd or Iain Flannigan. The likes of Murdoch, Draper and Gardyne would make more sense surely? Not so sure about defence but then Dunfermline have been kind enough to not bother threatening for most of it. 

I suppose everyone has different opinions of players as its been an upmand down season.

Obviously the front two are Dobbie and Shankland

Midfield Gardyne and Mullin have impressed me as wingers. Centrally again Ross County look solid add to that Dykes. Maybe he’s a forward but he ran the show against us starting from deep. Trouten has impressed me because he always scores against us.

Defensively I can’t say I’ve been impressed with any side really. Ross County and United look the most solid without being spectacular.

Not really a league full of stars this season other than the obvious two forwards.

For us I suppose Longridge might get on the bench but he’s been pretty poor recently.

18 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Dennon Lewis as kitman surely.

Actually there could be an argument for McKinnon as manager given the job he's done with the dross he inherited. I suppose that would be McCall though although Goodwin's also done a good job.

Jackson Longridge is the only Pars player with a serious shout of getting involved in this discussion. He could be an absolute star for the club under different circumstances. Joe Thomson has also played quite well for the most part.

If you don't pick Dobbie and Shankland up front then you're trolling or trying to be an edgy w**k.

Manager of the Year is easily McCall. To have that squad anywhere near a title race is an outstanding effort.

Actually there could be an argument for McKinnon as manager given the job he's done with the dross he inherited. I suppose that would be McCall though although Goodwin's also done a good job.

Falkirk could still go down so there’s no argument for him being MOTY.

McCall is the outstanding candidate and if Alloa stay up then Goodwin is an honourable mention.

Calvin Miller will be in this team come May

Dobbie and Shankland. No other forwards need apply.

Doohan, Murdoch, Smith and Rose would be my other Ayr picks

It would be harsh not to have Andy Graham and Josh Mullin in there

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Falkirk could still go down so there’s no argument for him being MOTY.

McCall is the outstanding candidate and if Alloa stay up then Goodwin is an honourable mention.

That's true, but Ayr may now implode and finish way down the league so McCall wouldn't qualify either on that basis.

Remember it's team of the year so far, not over the entire season.

That's true, but Ayr may now implode and finish way down the league so McCall wouldn't qualify either on that basis.
Remember it's team of the year so far, not over the entire season.

I still don’t think so far McKinnon has a case. Falkirk are still bottom of the table albeit a lot better than they were a few months ago but is that enough to give McKinnon a shout?

So far it’s McCall and unless we capitulate and slide right down the table I think it’ll still be him at the end of the season.

Archived