Clark Vs Gerrard diving comments

What's everyone's thoughts on this. is the Kilmarnock manager within his rights to be pulling up a rangers player for diving.this must add some extra spice the the cup game on sat with Gerrard attacking back and also slagging a player that's going to play for them soon and will win them penalties in the future.the refs are at fault everyone outside the old firm get very little back up from the corrupt SFA 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

No idea what Clarke said, and I’ve given him a bit of jip recently but I hope he’s winding up Gerrard to the point of combustion!

He was asked about Defoes dive and said he wanted to see how consistent they would be about diving after Jones was banned for it.

Rangers fans have since convinced themselves he's demanding Defoe is banned.

He was asked about Defoes dive and said he wanted to see how consistent they would be about diving after Jones was banned for it.
He would be right to demand a ban, don't get this "anticipated contact" stuff surely that translates to diving?

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did he mention that specific incident - I thought he just said a player in the Rangers V St Mirren game. Why Gerrard thought about Defoe I have no idea :P.

Either way he is spot on and the fact he has wound up the Rangers fans/manager is the icing on the cake.

Ah f**k it, don’t ban him. He’s pish anyway.

Asked if he was becoming increasingly exasperated, the former West Brom and Reading boss said: "Increasingly disappointed that nothing has been done to address it. Nothing.

"One of our players (Jordan Jones) was suspended for two games earlier in the season for going to ground too easily. There was a media furore. A witch hunt against the player.

"Nothing on the same scale from Saturday's game, Rangers versus St Mirren.

"Hopefully the compliance officer [Clare Whyte] will do her job. It doesn't affect us, I am not particularly advocating (a sanction), but I just want consistency.

"So if our player gets a two-game ban, I look forward to seeing what happens this week."

There's the interview. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He would be right to demand a ban, don't get this "anticipated contact" stuff surely that translates to diving?

YES!

8 minutes ago, Gb1985 said:

He never mentioned Defoe.stevie g just assuming it was for a dive in which case he thinks it was a dive ha

Yes, because it was very difficult to work out who Clarke was talking about, dive or not.

its not just about defoe, numerous players have dived for penalties since the jones witch hunt, and the compliance officer has done f**k all.  trial by sportscene is another problem making some incidents treated differently to others

Archived