The Dunfermline Relegation Express

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Our two best midfielders are both injured and we've got by far the worst recent form of the bottom 5. Alloa are finding ways to win games, Queens and Partick both have too. We're not.

We're not in the bottom 5.

If...

Queens lose at County

We lose to Morton

Thistle beat Ayr

Alloa beat Inverness

then...

Queens beat Thistle

We lose at Caley

Alloa draw at Ayr

We'd finish 9th (barring Queens losing by a LOT at County on Friday.)

That being said, if County beat Queens on Friday then we'll be safe with a draw on Saturday. That, despite my enduring pessimism, is a far more likely scenario.

Anyway, it's ridiculous we're still contemplating scenarios when we should have been 100% safe weeks ago. At least those backing Crawford would finally come to their senses if Montrose relegated us...

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Who is still backing potterford?

Grant on here is. I disagree with him wildly but fair play to him for having his own view.

I've seen a few folk on Facebook saying Crawford "deserves" the chance to sign his own team, although I'm not sure why that is. I'd argue he was hugely unqualified for the position and was given it as he was a cheap option and the club hoped it would appease fans as he was a popular player. That doesn't mean his appointment was guaranteed to be a failure but nobody can be surprised how it's gone so far.

I think we will stay up - whether through our own results or those elsewhere - but seems fairly clear to me that we need someone with a fresh approach to do the necessary squad revamp this summer. If we do f**k it up and end up 9th, at least it'll be a rare bit of excitement in a season utterly engulfed by apathy.