• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Shandon Par

The Dunfermline Relegation Express

I thought Ash and Durnan were half decent together when we reverted to four at the back. Granted they are not brilliant but better than that mess playing at the back.

Durnan is worse than Devine and Ashcroft. The guy is a total bombscare and panics when the ball is played over the top. 

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Durnan is worse than Devine and Ashcroft. The guy is a total bombscare and panics when the ball is played over the top. 

Don't worry, Durnan was pretty dire in his first year with us too, but improved a lot after we were relegated.

Something to look forward to.

We just need Crawford to lower expectations like Hartley and McKinnon have done at Falkirk. They're about ready to cream themselves at the mere possibility of another 8th place finish in the second tier.

22 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We just need Crawford to lower expectations like Hartley and McKinnon have done at Falkirk. They're about ready to cream themselves at the mere possibility of another 8th place finish in the second tier.

It's less lowering expectation and more a case of accepting reality of the situation we find ourselves in. 

I'd suggest you lot would be a lot happier if you did. Or you could do a Sunderland/Newcastle and get relegated so that you can win a league and feel awesome again.

12 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's less lowering expectation and more a case of accepting reality of the situation we find ourselves in. 

I'd suggest you lot would be a lot happier if you did. Or you could do a Sunderland/Newcastle and get relegated so that you can win a league and feel awesome again.

Were we supposed to feel bad about winning League 1?

I didn't. It was enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It was more a tongue in cheek reference to Newcastle fans thinking they are a big team when all they've won in 60 odd years is the championship. 

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've read DA fans on here moaning about it and saying they stopped going to games partway through that season as it was boring smashing everybody.

Thought it'd have been fun after finishing 7th (SEVENTH) in the third tier a year or so before.

Anyway, you won't go down. Stop whining.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've read DA fans on here moaning about it and saying they stopped going to games partway through that season as it was boring smashing everybody.

Thought it'd have been fun after finishing 7th (SEVENTH) in the third tier a year or so before.

Anyway, you won't go down. Stop whining.

I didn't find it boring. And I still think we can stay up. Haven't chucked it like some others have.

Any DA boys who've chucked it are having a laugh. You're still above three teams, who may have improved, but are still quite likely to throw in a few horror shows before the end. I say again, DA will not get relegated.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Might have been me, I found it pretty boring. Was evident from January that we were winning the title, comfortably at that. Games had absolutely no atmosphere due to absolutely no away fans, we'd already done all the away days due to being down there for 2 seasons previously, allot of the games weren't competetive. 

Think we were out the Scottish Cup by February? You were literally just counting down the months until we were back in the Championship and could have an away support in the stadium. 

Fwiw I don't think we'll get relegated, I think we'll finish above Alloa and despite Raith beating us in the Scottish I'd be very confident at beating them over two legs, especially since they'll be without Vaughan. 

Why does there need to be a certain number of away fans for the home fans to try and create an atmosphere?

What is the cut off before someone decides it's ok to start a song or two?

Never bought that one. More away fans can certainly help with making an atmosphere, and often make it better, but they aren't vital to creating one in the first place.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why does there need to be a certain number of away fans for the home fans to try and create an atmosphere?

What is the cut off before someone decides it's ok to start a song or two?

Never bought that one. More away fans can certainly help with making an atmosphere, and often make it better, but they aren't vital to creating one in the first place.

It's just simply the way it is. 

For one thing at East End supports are normally housed in the Cowdenbeath end, without that you have a 3000 seater stand sits empty. 

You can choose not to buy into it if you want but competitiveness, rivalry, tense situations, a boisterous away support all contribute massively to a good atmosphere, we had absolutely none of that through our tital winning season. 

41 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Dungfailmlame Pathetdick. 

I liked your Parsnips nickname better

13 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Dungfailmlame Pathetdick. 

Grow up you backward mess.