The Dunfermline Relegation Express

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Durnan is worse than Devine and Ashcroft. The guy is a total bombscare and panics when the ball is played over the top. 

Don't worry, Durnan was pretty dire in his first year with us too, but improved a lot after we were relegated.

Something to look forward to.

12 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

It's less lowering expectation and more a case of accepting reality of the situation we find ourselves in. 

I'd suggest you lot would be a lot happier if you did. Or you could do a Sunderland/Newcastle and get relegated so that you can win a league and feel awesome again.

Were we supposed to feel bad about winning League 1?

I didn't. It was enjoyable.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Were we supposed to feel bad about winning League 1?

I didn't. It was enjoyable.

I've read DA fans on here moaning about it and saying they stopped going to games partway through that season as it was boring smashing everybody.

Thought it'd have been fun after finishing 7th (SEVENTH) in the third tier a year or so before.

Anyway, you won't go down. Stop whining.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I've read DA fans on here moaning about it and saying they stopped going to games partway through that season as it was boring smashing everybody.

Thought it'd have been fun after finishing 7th (SEVENTH) in the third tier a year or so before.

Anyway, you won't go down. Stop whining.

I didn't find it boring. And I still think we can stay up. Haven't chucked it like some others have.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Might have been me, I found it pretty boring. Was evident from January that we were winning the title, comfortably at that. Games had absolutely no atmosphere due to absolutely no away fans, we'd already done all the away days due to being down there for 2 seasons previously, allot of the games weren't competetive. 

Think we were out the Scottish Cup by February? You were literally just counting down the months until we were back in the Championship and could have an away support in the stadium. 

Fwiw I don't think we'll get relegated, I think we'll finish above Alloa and despite Raith beating us in the Scottish I'd be very confident at beating them over two legs, especially since they'll be without Vaughan. 

Why does there need to be a certain number of away fans for the home fans to try and create an atmosphere?

What is the cut off before someone decides it's ok to start a song or two?

Never bought that one. More away fans can certainly help with making an atmosphere, and often make it better, but they aren't vital to creating one in the first place.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why does there need to be a certain number of away fans for the home fans to try and create an atmosphere?

What is the cut off before someone decides it's ok to start a song or two?

Never bought that one. More away fans can certainly help with making an atmosphere, and often make it better, but they aren't vital to creating one in the first place.

It's just simply the way it is. 

For one thing at East End supports are normally housed in the Cowdenbeath end, without that you have a 3000 seater stand sits empty. 

You can choose not to buy into it if you want but competitiveness, rivalry, tense situations, a boisterous away support all contribute massively to a good atmosphere, we had absolutely none of that through our tital winning season. 

Title season was a great laugh. Faiss, Cardle, Moffat, Paton were all on fire at the start of the season and the title was won by New Year. Find it bizarre that anyone could find that season dull but each to their own.

Doing well in the Championship would obviously be far better but these past two and a half seasons have been absolutely tedious for the most part. 90%+ of the things that have happened since we got promoted will be completely forgotten about in five years' time. If ever there's a book written about this period, you could cover the main stuff in a page or two. Maybe an unwanted relegation battle will bring a bit of excitement.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Title season was a great laugh. Faiss, Cardle, Moffat, Paton were all on fire at the start of the season and the title was won by New Year. Find it bizarre that anyone could find that season dull but each to their own.

Doing well in the Championship would obviously be far better but these past two and a half seasons have been absolutely tedious for the most part. 90%+ of the things that have happened since we got promoted will be completely forgotten about in five years' time. If ever there's a book written about this period, you could cover the main stuff in a page or two. Maybe an unwanted relegation battle will bring a bit of excitement.

A financial disaster to anyone who goes down this season bar Alloa

Away supports being in double digits, home support might increase if you romp the league and ask Raith how easy it is to do that

It would be a complete embarrassment for either of our clubs to go down in relation to budgets and crowds