Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Redcar

Berwick v Stirling Albion

Recommended Posts

This match means very little after today’s news. 

 

Your wrong on that one pal, it means everything, I am disillusioned with them but will go on Saturday to pay respect for Pea and them players better give everything they have for his memory. RIP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Back post Willie said:

 

Your wrong on that one pal, it means everything, I am disillusioned with them but will go on Saturday to pay respect for Pea and them players better give everything they have for his memory. RIP.

You’re so right and I’ve no doubt whatsoever the players will give there all. Just totally shocked and saddened at this news.

When you’ve lost a sister at such a young age, things rarely get to me now but this news has hurt me.

RIP dear friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even going to pretend I knew Pea, but it’s always sad to lose a stalwart of a club at any level.

My thoughts and prayers go towards his family and those who knew him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following the thoughts of BB_Bino above, never knew Pea but of course condolences to all those accosicated with Berwick and the families. Always a tough time when a club stalwart passes away.

Football takes a back seat in these moments 

RIP Pea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another win for the Rutkiewicz Revolution. Wasn't at the game so cannot comment but very pleased. Can smell those play offs.

Berwick are lucky that Albion Rovers are in this division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Genuinely gutted to only scrape past utter dross like Berwick tbh

"genuinely" Discuss. (tbh) 

An Improvement from Berwick, but still a world away from properly competitive. This team with Steve Notman would be decent. 

We still surrender way too much possession with lightweight tackles and poor passing.  But a few decent signs. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surely that’s not *the* Andy Carlin on the bench for Berwick?!


It is, he’s Goalkeeper Coach there.

Couldn’t make the game in the end as my son’s football went on until after 1, but happy with the 3 points in what I believe was windy conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My condolences to Mr Oliver's family and all Berwick fans.  I didn't know him, but I do know the feeling when one of your best has passed away.  It's not that long since we lost a living legend in Brycie Morgan.  I remain forever grateful for the privilege we enjoyed and I'm sure Berwick fans will feel the same about Mr Oliver.

I couldn't make this game, but I always thought it would be a tighter affair than some on both sides imagined.  I'll never be disappointed with any win at Shielfield we can earn.  No end to Berwick's bad run here, but perhaps some progress on the way to it?   I know the feeling all too well.   Just half a miracle will do, to at least calm the nerves a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

It is, he’s Goalkeeper Coach there.

 

Crikey, Berwick really are in a bad way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Crikey, Berwick really are in a bad way. 

He would have been on the bench as Kyle Allison was suspended although it makes you wonder why Berwick have a reserve side you would have thought their keeper would have got put on the bench.

Anyway just waiting to listen to Johnny's weekly update on things on BRTV. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

He would have been on the bench as Kyle Allison was suspended although it makes you wonder why Berwick have a reserve side you would have thought their keeper would have got put on the bench.

Anyway just waiting to listen to Johnny's weekly update on things on BRTV. 

 

Andy like you looking forward to JH TV.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Andy like you looking forward to JH TV.

 

Just for you Alan here's Johnny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Stirling, well worth the three points, no doubt about it.

We lacked quality on the ball in midfield areas, Ross Brown is our best footballer but  has ran out of chances with his lack of fitness. 

Dougie Brydon was a positive influence on our defence lead exceptionally well by Boab which bodes well for the future. I really hope hope this partnership can grow as Bob is such a likeable player that deserves more and Dougie can complement him. Our Captain is someone I’ve been critical of but more through frustration than anything, lots of positives to build on with him and Brydon.

Skip Murphy and Knoxy although not all that dominant has to be higher in the pecking order for a midfield role than Hume who offers little.

As a club we seriously need to look at Stirling Albion who are 4th best with a good run and see what’s required to just get competitive again and that doesn’t mean signing hamburger hill to play up front. 

We lost a massive part of our history with the passing of Pea but we must re-group and make sure we survive. This club has worked around guys like Pea and Dennis and despite negative publicly still retains a huge amount of local backing. 

Keep working at it guys, we are Berwick till we die. 

 

Edited by Disc Potato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Just for you Alan here's Johnny.

Still obsessed - stalker 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As a club we seriously need to look at Stirling Albion who are 4th best with a good run and see what’s required to just get competitive again


Doh! We were 2nd for ages there, not good enough, KR must go!!!

In all seriousness, I think we’d all love to know KR’s secret, then that way we’d all be managers doing it, but in truth, who knows.

I’m sure it’s not and he’s playing it down, but it all looks very simple from the outside looking in, he and Martin Hardie seem to just be getting the best out of players that were already in the squad before they came.

Although they have brought in a handful of new players over January, predominantly the starting 11 is still players that Dave Mackay has signed but straight from the off, the new management team seem to just be getting the best of them.

Under Mackay, a number of the summer signings looked like complete duds, Peaso looked totally done and others like Danny Jardine and Ross McGeachie just seemed to have no confidence and games seemed to pass then buy, that’s totally changed. The summer signings have become vital to the team and amongst our best players, some might even argue that Dom Docherty has been amongst the best in the league over the last couple of months, Peaso seems reborn and is playing his best football since signing over a year ago (although for some reason wasn’t playing yesterday) and Danny Jardine and co seem to have their confidence back.

We’re not great every week, but we are winning games and going back to the point, that’s what matters, players playing with confidence and keeping their roles simple, makes a huge difference at this level, but surely it’s not as easy as that. Is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

 


Doh! We were 2nd for ages there, not good enough, KR must go!!!

In all seriousness, I think we’d all love to know KR’s secret, then that way we’d all be managers doing it, but in truth, who knows.

I’m sure it’s not and he’s playing it down, but it all looks very simple from the outside looking in, he and Martin Hardie seem to just be getting the best out of players that were already in the squad before they came.

Although they have brought in a handful of new players over January, predominantly the starting 11 is still players that Dave Mackay has signed but straight from the off, the new management team seem to just be getting the best of them.

Under Mackay, a number of the summer signings looked like complete duds, Peaso looked totally done and others like Danny Jardine and Ross McGeachie just seemed to have no confidence and games seemed to pass then buy, that’s totally changed. The summer signings have become vital to the team and amongst our best players, some might even argue that Dom Docherty has been amongst the best in the league over the last couple of months, Peaso seems reborn and is playing his best football since signing over a year ago (although for some reason wasn’t playing yesterday) and Danny Jardine and co seem to have their confidence back.

We’re not great every week, but we are winning games and going back to the point, that’s what matters, players playing with confidence and keeping their roles simple, makes a huge difference at this level, but surely it’s not as easy as that. Is it?

 

Agree.

Advice to BR fans. Be patient and very, very lucky. SAFC took umpteen attempts to find a half decent manager. Like KR I hoped his predecessors were the one.  See you up challenging soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dougster said:

Still obsessed - stalker 

No

I am interested to see how he turns out as I've said in an earlier post  I really don't know whether he will go an to be a huge success or a flop, and having met him  there is more to him than the brief camera persona we see here. He is a character and characters make football more interesting generally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

Agree.

Advice to BR fans. Be patient and very, very lucky. SAFC took umpteen attempts to find a half decent manager. Like KR I hoped his predecessors were the one.  See you up challenging soon.

Well, you never know, but I think Harvey is that manager. The difference (in my opinion) between Stirling and Berwick is that your new manager inherited some decent but under achieving players. Then, because he is a good manager, he got much more out of them. (Different level obviously, but similar to Solskjaer at Man U) 

Harvey inherited a few decent players and lots that just weren't good enough. And that is the legacy of Robbie Horn's crap budget and  our summer Boardroom conflict.

He has brought several in and the defence finally looked better yesterday and there is a certain promise in the attack, too. But we still haven't got the quality in midfield to control a game. 

We will slowly improve and I'm glad we have no game next week giving JH the chance to work on a few things. 

Cook in midfield perhaps? Or maybe Forbes with Cook at RB? 5 at the back? We also have decent players like Murphy and Knox not getting a game so they should be busting it in training. 

Hope Ouzy See can get back to fitness and even O'Kane would give us further options. 

Have to say though, these constant defeats are really really depressing. It's a chore going along to Shielfield this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×