Berwick v Stirling Albion

Milder weather this week, so this game should be on. 

We are promsed another signing this week (another loanee, or a free agent), presumably this time it will be a defender. 

First chance to see Adamson and Aloulou, and first game without Willis who, reading between the lines, may have become a bit of a malign influence. (Don't have a lot of evidence for that though, to be honest. Just hoping it may be true) 

Another hiding, and the Beer festival in the Curfew will suddenly increase sales at about 20 past 4. 

If we get a new centre half, I hope Cook plays in the defensive midfield role that has been vacant since Notty left. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the promised signing is the return of centre half Dougie Brydon. 

He was top quality in his first spell but didn't last long. I have a memory of injuries and family/work commitments. 

Early thirties now, but we need that experience and if he is fit enough he will be much better than anything else we've recently had at the back. 

Due to various reasons, I have only managed to make 1 game so far in 2019, so for that sake, I hope this game does go ahead on Saturday.

I've not been to Berwick for a few years now, and it's one of those places that I never seem to have fond memories of visiting and getting a win, so I'm hoping this changes this week, and if the truth be told, I am confident it will.

I post it every week on here but the way KR has us playing, I wouldn't write us off against anyone in this league and with Berwick's recent results, we have to be fancied, I just hop that the rustiness of not playing or training doesn't kick in, especially when some of our new signings haven't played much football this year.

Making the journey down with my 2 kids, 8 & 5 years old, can anyone tell me how much you charge for them please, or do they just count as the concession price?

The season Dougie played 30 games back in 2012/13, we conceded 55 goals at an average of 1.5 goals per game. That was a league that Rangers played in.

This season we have already eased our way past 55 as we have shipped 57 in 21 games at an average of 2.7 per game.

Of course there were other circumstances which helped during his last spell but I think this is good business, even allowing for the fact it might take him a few games to get up to speed but he's only going to achieve that by playing.

Dougie should really have kicked on and been playing in the SPL but other commitments put a halt to that. 

Hopefully we manage to get a better result than the last time we were down their and given the way the team is playing at present that should be 3 points for us. Just hope the enforced break last week does not affect the momentum and a win should be on the cards against a Berwick side that has struggled in recent times. 

6 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

The season Dougie played 30 games back in 2012/13, we conceded 55 goals at an average of 1.5 goals per game. That was a league that Rangers played in.

This season we have already eased our way past 55 as we have shipped 57 in 21 games at an average of 2.7 per game.

Of course there were other circumstances which helped during his last spell but I think this is good business, even allowing for the fact it might take him a few games to get up to speed but he's only going to achieve that by playing.

Dougie should really have kicked on and been playing in the SPL but other commitments put a halt to that. 

Where's he been playing since leaving Berwick?

38 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Where's he been playing since leaving Berwick?

He’s been playing in the Border Amateur League but that was through choice. Just about every Berwick manager since he left has tried to entice him back.

Glad it’s finally happened. Playing tonight vs Livi in reserve league. Only 1-0 down, think we shipped 7 or 8 to them in this fixture a couple of months ago. 

21 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

He’s been playing in the Border Amateur League but that was through choice. Just about every Berwick manager since he left has tried to entice him back.

Glad it’s finally happened. Playing tonight vs Livi in reserve league. Only 1-0 down, think we shipped 7 or 8 to them in this fixture a couple of months ago. 

And we drew 1-1.

No prizes for who got the equaliser! 

Finished 1-1, 88th min equaliser from Brydon !!! Very positive reports on his performance. Over the moon for him, a few good years left in him to make up for lost time. 

During his last spell he could have spent a week on trial at Stoke with Lee Wallace but he didn’t want to sign up to the agency. 

On 05/02/2019 at 21:58, Disc Potato said:

Finished 1-1, 88th min equaliser from Brydon !!! Very positive reports on his performance. Over the moon for him, a few good years left in him to make up for lost time. 

During his last spell he could have spent a week on trial at Stoke with Lee Wallace but he didn’t want to sign up to the agency. 

Barca want to sign me....but my paper round got in the way

Making the journey down with my 2 kids, 8 & 5 years old, can anyone tell me how much you charge for them please, or do they just count as the concession price?

When I was there with City just before New Year they let my daughter in for free and gave her a junior season ticket card (Which I thought was nice of them).

Hopefully big dougie can bring back some solidarity. But I think our problems stem further than just simply the defence. 

Looking forward to seeing both of our new strikers in action this weekend. Would love to see them both start, nothing to lose and no risk attached IMO, with regards to not knowing each other, how teammates play...etc. 

Dont think Willis will be a huge miss either never fully understood all the hype surrounding him, seen certain fans bang on about the quality he posseses but I would say lewy Barr has more ability,  tenfold.

2 hours ago, Disc Potato said:

This match means very little after today’s news. 

44 minutes ago, Redcar said:

FB_IMG_1549565966826.jpg.5348641375924e5040c303752a37a289.jpg

Club stalwart and legend. Been there forever.

RIP.

Very sad new a decent bloke Pea who I always spoke to in the passing when we played Berwick. As mentioned a true club legend. How old was he?

Archived