Ross County v EAST FIFE

sirscottyoung

Are we sitting in usual seats for this or is it like earlier rounds and West Stand only?

EDIT:  Asked the club and all seats are open, weird after other games were West Stand only.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

Haven’t been in Oscars for a long time so can’t comment  but the rest are fine, there’s a fair gap between Oscars and the Caley, if you’re struggling a quick refreshment in the Legion should sort you out...

4 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

That sounds like a pretty good plan imo

Cheers folks. All very much appreciated.

:thumsup2

Wish I could go to this as I've never been to Dingwall and I'm sure it will be a decent away day but I'll have to make do watching on TV with a beer or two. We have nothing to lose and County will rightly start as strong favourites but as I say, nothing to lose and I hope all who travel have a great trip and we give a good account of ourselves! Mon the Fife [emoji482][emoji460]️🥃

3 hours ago, LiamA said:

Can’t wait to get one of those half & half scarves they sell at every semi final game. Will look great at the next Rovers game. Ya dancer!

Wait

What?

You mean they’re not doing them?

Bugger!

I have a half and half scarf.

Half black and half gold!

Come on the Fife...

5 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I really hope they accommodate us in the stand behind the goals (big stand well the entire North stand would be great).

KeemonTheFife!!

I think only ICT and Dundee United have been given that stand this season. I imagine you will be in the East Stand.

Can't make this as I've used the entirety of my holidays for booking stuff in the next 8 months and don't finish in Glesga till 4pm. Good luck to all that are making the trip, there'll be 6 or 7 of us in my flat in Glasgow geein' it laldi come 1930!

I think he'll stick with the same line up as last week, minus Currie and stick Kev or Aaron back in for a 4-5-1, leaving the pace of Currie for later on if we're still in with a shout and Tonks to spearhead the Fife assault as he knows how, So something like:

Long

Hunk Rossco Meggatt Pat
Dunsmore/Kev Sparky Davo Linton Watt
Tonks

With Sparky, Linton and Pat all being able to play in each others positions, so might not be where I've stuck them!

they took 700 to a game in ireland so surely they will take just as many to dingwall.
:whistle

If it wasn't a Friday night and live on telly we probably would!!!

4 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Friday night game live on TV, be lucky if EF have 150 at the game, sad but TV comes before supporters

Tbh I don't think its that, obviously the telly has an influence bit its more the Friday kick off time that keeps the punters away. If it was tomorrow 3pm, 5pm or even the same time as it is tonight, I'd have been there with at least 3 others. 

Given we played on Monday and  have a mental run coming up  where we play twice a week, im tempted to play a mix of reserves and youth.

So if I want the following to play on Tues in the derby:

Fox
Fraser Watson Boyle VdW
Mullin Lindsey Draper Gardyne
MacKay Stewart

That leaves the following for tonight:

Munro 
Kelly  Boyle Grivosti Johnston
McManus  Paton  Spence Armstrong
Wallace
Graham

East Fife's away record is decent, scoring 22 goals in 12 games in League One, winning 7. They also pied Partick  and Morton at home.
Whereas that defence i've  just pimped is very inexperienced, so that team may get horsed.
But I dont think we're good enough to play this many games in such a short run,  most games are an absolute battle.
And our injury record is insane this season.
So id rather risk losing to East Fife in the challenge cup , than risk losing the derby in the Scottish Cup, or  more long-term risk losing in the league due to a run of exhausting fixtures.
So id like to gamble on a mix of youth and experience tonight.

As a bit of an aside, Caley are away to Dunfermline in the league tomorrow, which may see them more tired than us on Tuesday.  Hopefully.

[ETA: I reserve the right to  completely change my mind and scream my tits off when we're 2-0 down after 10 minutes]
[2nd EDIT to remove cuptied Semple from Caley game, and unfit Cowie from East Fife game]

Archived